One Mile High Speed Shoot Out at a retired Air Base in Texas!

nasatx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ATTENTION Racers and Performance Enthusiast!!

We (NASA Texas) have been conducting road race events in Texas for the last three years. An operator of a retired air base has agreed to rent us their facility for hosting a one-mile high-speed shoot out. We are all interested in finding a place to “run” legally. Here is the chance to prove what you got and run wide open.

Also, we are seeking businesses that want to support the event through being a tech shop, contingency provider and/or awards supporter (through gift certificates, product and cash).

Here are some of the basics: THE INAUGURAL TEXAS ONE-MILE HIGH SPEED SHOOT OUT
WHEN: Oct. 25-26, 2003
WHERE: Goliad, Texas (abandoned NAVY airfield)
STRUCTURE: 120 foot roll-out, 1 mile run with radar speeds being primary determination of victors backed by timing lights for tie breakers, ½ mile for shut-down
WELCOMING: Motorcycles, Performance Street Cars, Race Cars and Vintage Cars
DRIVERS and RIDERS: Get the Chance to Join the 200+ mph Club of Texas; Win Trophies and Certificates. Working on providing contingencies and cash prizes.

A MOTORSPORTS FESTIVAL: Fun, Safe, well organized and legal. A Full Weekend of High Speeds, Other Festivities and Entertainment. Car Shows. Beautiful Event Hostesses. Wheelie Contest. And More. JOIN IN ON THE FUN.

We are posting updates on the event at: www.nasatx.com/highspeed.asp.
Please contact us with any questions: Thanks: Jay and Shannon Matus: 281-802-9863; Deanna Lewis: 817-243-2286; [email protected]

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Goliad has how many hotel rooms, places to eat and it close to what larger town. I think that I know where it is but not sure. Is it towards El Paso from Houston?

OP
OP
N

nasatx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Goliad is a small town but it is close to Victoria, which is off of highway 59. Victoria is about 20-30 miles away.

We will have a caterer at the facility selling refreshments and food for both days of the event.

Let me know if you have any further questions and hope to see you there.

OP
OP
N

nasatx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: UPDATE: One Mile High Speed Shoot Out at a retired Air Base in Texas!

Addressing the 200 mph ---- This is for the unlimited class/division, which requires full cages and specific safety gear. We do not expect that the majority of drivers/riders will be in the unlimited division.

Below I am posting the most recent class/division structure. It is important that you visit the web site often to keep updated on the rules and any changes that might occur. We are structuring this event for YOU and are taking into consideration all the suggestions that we are receiving. Those suggestions that seem to be popular and take into consideration safety, fun and organization---we will strive to implement them into the event.

Looks like there is a lot of interest out there. We want to make this event great for all of you. We have added some lower speed groups because many drivers and riders requested that they have a place to compete We have tried to make the event where everybody has a home and a place to compete or just have fun. The most recent rules and car/motorcycle classifications/divisions are being posted to the web site www.nasatx.com/highspeed.asp by Monday. Please contact us directly with any questions. NASA TEXAS [email protected] 281-802-9863; 817-243-2286.

Part II - Regulations, Divisions & Class Structure
NOTICE: Each Class/Division/Tech & Top Speed has certain safety regulations
Classes Division Tech & Top Speed
Street Class (SC) Domestic Division (D) 180 MPH
Street Class (SC) Foreign Division (F) 180 MPH
Street Class (SC) European Division (E) 180 MPH
Street Class (SC) Domestic Division (D) 150 MPH
Street Class (SC) Foreign Division (F) 150 MPH
Street Class (SC) European Division (E) 150 MPH
Vintage Class (VC) Vintage Division 180 MPH
Vintage Class (VC) Vintage Division 150 MPH
Motorcycle Class (MC) 600 cc 180 MPH
Motorcycle Class (MC) 750 cc 180 MPH
Motorcycle Class (MC) 1000 cc 180 MPH
Motorcycle Class (MC) 600 cc 150 MPH
Motorcycle Class (MC) 750 cc 150 MPH
Motorcycle Class (MC) 1000 cc 150 MPH
Unlimited Class (UNL) Car Division Unlimited
Unlimited Class (UNL) Motorcycle Division Unlimited
All Classes (AC) I Just want a certificate to prove that I can go over 100 miles per hour without it being one of the new street racing tickets and a trip to jail. 130 MPH

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas