One more Newbie into the mix

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all. I purchased my Viper back in September of 2007. It is a 1997 GTS R/W. With the New England weather I did not get to drive it as much as I would have liked but considering the long wait over the winter, it should make this summer that much more enjoyable. I am in the process of making several upgrades over this winter including RT Hi Flos, Corsa catback, new stereo/speakers, new 20" Pirelli's and Asanti 3-pc wheels, MGW Short throw knob, clear bra, etc. Starting to count the days. I thought April 15th was a good target date to get it back on the road. First time in a long time that I will be looking forward to April 15th (tax day). One question, has anybody had any experience attempting to paint seats? My seats are not that bad but does have the typical bolster wear on the drivers side. With the variety of spray paints out there, I thought I could find a paint that adhered well to the seats and allowed for some flexibiilty. Looking forward to your input and any other hellos you want to throw out.

Last edited:

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having a quality trim shop replace the bolster is no big deal,doesnt cost much and will look 10x better

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome!!! Never heard of painting leather seats. I can't imagine any paint that would stand up to it. Dye maybe, though I don't think you can dye black leather. I'd look into reupholstering...it'll cost more, but it will last longer.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all. I purchased my Viper back in September of 2007. It is a 1997 GTS R/W. With the New England weather I did not get to drive it as much as I would have liked but considering the long wait over the winter, it should make this summer that much more enjoyable. I am in the process of making several upgrades over this winter including RT Hi Flos, Corsa catback, new stereo/speakers, new 20" Pirelli's and Asanti 3-pc wheels, MGW Short throw knob, clear bra, etc. Starting to count the days. I thought April 15th was a good target date to get it back on the road. First time in a long time that I will be looking forward to April 15th (tax day). One question, has anybody had any experience attempting to paint seats? My seats are not that bad but does have the typical bolster wear on the drivers side. With the variety of spray paints out there, I thought I could find a paint that adhered well to the seats and allowed for some flexibiilty. Looking forward to your input and any other hellos you want to throw out.

Where in NH?? I'm located in Haverhill, MA right on the Plaistow NH border :)

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OP
OP
N

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where in NH?? I'm located in Haverhill, MA right on the Plaistow NH border :)

Concord, NH. I have noticed your posts over the last few weeks and was planning on getting in touch with you. I actually lived in Plaistow for 4 years, right off rt 125. Hope to see you during some of the events this summer.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Concord, NH. I have noticed your posts over the last few weeks and was planning on getting in touch with you. I actually lived in Plaistow for 4 years, right off rt 125. Hope to see you during some of the events this summer.

Yea man.. I'm getting my Viper towards the end of this month.. a 96 GTS B&W. There is also another member on this forum (Martin2000GTS) who I plan on meeting up with; he is from Peabody, MA and has a 2000 Red GTS with silver stripes.

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome! :newbie:

You will find (most) people in this forum extremely helpful. :2tu:

Enjoy your Viper experience! :D

Now get back to driving... :drive:

BTW, Red '97 GTS' are the fastest Vipers out there! :cool:

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Someone steered me here too. $400 for 2 sets!!! As soon as I can convince my wife to remove some money from the "we need to eat and have a roof over our heads" fund, I'm snagging a set for my Gen. I!

Online Shopping

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome!

Never heard of painting seats but check out Venzano:

|| Welcome to Venzano Viper || Home ||

Have any pictures of your car?:eater:

That's what I have in my car. I actually talked to Tony at Venzano today on the phone- he's repairing a "blemish" on the drivers seat of my car. So once that's finished the car will be shipped to me.

My interior:
You must be registered for see images

I just bought a new blue and black Alpine iDA-X100 Receiver which should compliment this interior very well I think.. :)

OP
OP
N

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome!

Never heard of painting seats but check out Venzano:

|| Welcome to Venzano Viper || Home ||

Have any pictures of your car?:eater:

The photo in my avatar is how the car looked in September of 2007 a month after I purchased it. While I am currently storing the car for the winter, I am having new wheels and tires, Corsa catback system, stereo and some other interior mods done. I am hoping to have the car on the road 2nd week in April. I am planning on taking LOTS of photos and posting a few.

OP
OP
N

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone steered me here too. $400 for 2 sets!!! As soon as I can convince my wife to remove some money from the "we need to eat and have a roof over our heads" fund, I'm snagging a set for my Gen. I!

Online Shopping

The Partsrack covers seem like the best option out there. I may give Jon a call on Monday to discuss. Regarding your avaiable funds, remember . . . a small family can live comfortably in a Viper for an extended period provided they go into it with the right frame of mind.

OP
OP
N

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CostanZo,
Nice looking interior. Did you do the upgrades or were they done when you bought the car? I'm looking forward to seeing the car in person. Be sure to post a photo of your car as your avatar.

Venom-US

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello and congrats!!!

There are dye spray paints for car interior but, it will soon wear out as well. If you want a quick fix, call some upholstery shops. Most shops have this dye spray. Good luck

OP
OP
N

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello and congrats!!!

There are dye spray paints for car interior but, it will soon wear out as well. If you want a quick fix, call some upholstery shops. Most shops have this dye spray. Good luck

I made some calls today to a local upholstery shop. Seems like they can take care of the problem with the leather dye. Thanks for the suggestion.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CostanZo,
Nice looking interior. Did you do the upgrades or were they done when you bought the car? I'm looking forward to seeing the car in person. Be sure to post a photo of your car as your avatar.

Thanks, no fortunately the interior upgrade was done by Mark Burnstein who sold the Viper to me. The car will be picked up next week between Wednesday the 2nd and Friday the 4th; so I'll have the car no later then the 8th! :headbang:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery