One Sinister Serpent

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The quest to get ever closer to the Comp Coupe look lies with Street Serpent #7. The double bubble roof is history. The car has a 2" lower roofline (complete with CC scoop) and rear glass combined with a 2" wider body and track dimension. This gives a very aggressive look on the roads.

IMG_2415.JPG

IMG_2418.JPG

IMG_2429.JPG

IMG_2431.JPG

IMG_2451.JPG

Hope you like it.

Jeff

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful! I've been very impressed with the looks of these Street Serpentss, keep up the good work!

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff what color is the car?

Knowing who's car that is.. I"m gonna guess SAPPHIRE BLUE!

Great job Jeff- what a sweet profile on that car! . I'm looking fwd to seeing your work in person. Mike is supposed to bring it "out to play" this weekend. :drive:

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the bully down the street just wet himself when he saw you coming in that car.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Jeff. The car looks incredible. Nathan (delivering car to STL) said that photos don't do the car justice and that the car looks "mean". The SSC is scheduled to arrive at noon Friday. I have an appt. for custom "Ultrashield" and window tint at 2:00. Then all I can do is hope that it doesn't rain this weekend. I am planning on taking the car on a VC cruise Sat. a.m. with "RXVIPER" and the rest of the gateway club.

Thanks for trading wheels "Billy *****". Can't wait to see them in person...

The color is the 2001 Viper Sapphire blue. The photos are slightly shaded and the sapphire paint looks "different" in different lighting. This lighting seems to go to the blue/grey hue which is one of the reasons I like this color so much.

THANKS AGAIN JEFF. THE CAR LOOKS AWESOME

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the scoop functional or just for looks?

The roof scoop could have been functional but this one is not. Since I have AC I couldn't justify a hole in the middle of my roof for air to cool off. This roof is a combination of the original OEM roof and a real Comp Coupe roof. They were blended together nicely by Jeff. IMHO

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Viper looks sweet. I was under the impression that you should wait at least 6 months before putting any type of clear bra over fresh paint. Might want to double check with your ultrashield person?

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper looks sweet. I was under the impression that you should wait at least 6 months before putting any type of clear bra over fresh paint. Might want to double check with your ultrashield person?

This will be the third clear bra that I have put on new paint (All sapphire color) and I haven't had any problems. The fifth "Ultrashield" on a vIper. On all the cars the paint was around six months or newer. Like you, I thought paint had to cure and breathe. The ultrashield installer told me that the paint being used nowadays is different. I haven't had any problems so far :dunno:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely LOVE it, Jeff...great job as always! WAS fond of the 'bubble-roof', but seeing this one, I'm just as fond of this one...looks like it should: MEAN!!! ~juli

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: More Sinister Serpent Pics

Here's more of TreeSnake's Street Serpent. The pics don't do it justice. Car looks killer in person. :2tu:

033.JPG

0311.JPG

0321.JPG

030.JPG

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Mike. The car is absolutely incredible. Great pics Red Snake, but it even looks better in person. It's one of the most radically cool cars I've ever seen.

This pic shows how low that roof really is:

0311.JPG

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like the bubble in the roof. I bet the the saphire Blue looks awesome in person. Good luck with your new ride. Enjoy
YELLOH SS # 5

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff,
Amazing work. Could this be applied to an ACR (integrating the canards, wing, etc)? Is there any weight loss with the panel exchange?
Also, please more photos!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte