OPEN TRACK DAY @ PUTNAM PARK AUGUST 8th & 9th FOR ADVANCED DRIVERS

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ladies & Gentleman,

Jim Stout and I invite you to Putnam Park with us on August 8 &9 for two days of track time to replace the cancelled NARRA event.

Cost for the two days will be $750 per car on the high side. If we get sufficient attendance we will adjust the price downward. The cost structure is very different for 20 cars versus 10 cars.

We will have run groups to accommodate all cars and perhaps even a practice race or two depending on car count and interest.

Please talk to friends and help us make this work. :drive:There should be tons of track time!

We plan to cut off sign up and payment deadline 4-5 days before the event.

If you do plan to attend, get back to either Jim Stout or myself as soon as possible.

Ben Madey
[email protected]
815-970-3113 cell

:2tu:I plan on being there for this one:2tu:

SEE YOU AT THE TRACK:headbang:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yahoo I will be there.

let's see if we can get some more folks to sign up:)

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Great, Leslie!!

I have gotten a couple of others to sign on already as well.

President Jim is happy to move our VCA meeting back to Putnam Park on Saturday...as originally scheduled. This will restore some FUN to August !!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
You know...there really isn't much time left, given the necessary deadline mentioned above. Anyone else going with you, Leslie??

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would suggest you contact Bill at 10/10's Motorsports...that is who the majority of Putnam farmboys (me included) run with, besides NASA. 10 / 10ths Motorsports. They've had a couple of events cancelled this year at Bluegrass and have lots of guys who run at PP. Also, I heard the Central Indiana PCA got banned from the track, and they have a lot of trackrats....they are probably dying to sneak in. Haha.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would suggest you contact Bill at 10/10's Motorsports...that is who the majority of Putnam farmboys (me included) run with, besides NASA. 10 / 10ths Motorsports. They've had a couple of events cancelled this year at Bluegrass and have lots of guys who run at PP. Also, I heard the Central Indiana PCA got banned from the track, and they have a lot of trackrats....they are probably dying to sneak in. Haha.

good idea, I sent emails to the 2 groups I run with (MORPCA and MVRPCA), will email Bill and CIRPCA.:headbang: KYPCA and MVP like to run there too.

Last edited:

0260in3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm bringing at least 3 (including myself) from St. Louis. If anyone is expecting Archer to be there, you might want to double-check since this isn't an "official" NARRA event. I want to thank Jim Stout and Ben Madey for stepping up so we can run this weekend --- Thanks Guys!!

Terry

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm bringing at least 3 (including myself) from St. Louis. If anyone is expecting Archer to be there, you might want to double-check since this isn't an "official" NARRA event. I want to thank Jim Stout and Ben Madey for stepping up so we can run this weekend --- Thanks Guys!!

Terry

are you guys part of the numbers signed up already?

0260in3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't seen the projected numbers so I'm not sure if we're in them or not. None of us have sent payment yet but we've expressed our interest and are planning to attend.

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Terry - I know for a fact that Jim and Ben want commitment by 8/2, so please get your guys to send in the checks. Also, John Archer will be there, but will only have enough staff to service the guys he knows about ahead of time.

Thanks for coming! Great track, and loads of track time...

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish they would keep registration open next week as well, I am sure we would get more drivers, this being last minute word needs to get out.

I posted on CIRPCA forum, emailed several PCA club presidents and posted on 2 corvette forums and the alley.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I appreciate your point of view, Leslie...BUT, given this particular set of circumstances, I do fully understand the stated deadline. In my experience, the more informal the event appears to be, the more likely folks are to procrastinate, and take their own verbal commitment lightly... human nature at work! :)

While I can't speak for the organizers, I'm sure that they would rather spend THEIR time at Putnam Park on the track as opposed to playing toll booth for the last minute crowd...many of whom are likely playing the weather game!

Just my experience relfecting back for many years and countless events.

P.S. Sure hope that YOU make it !!!

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had different experiences with run groups, but hey it's their rental and their show, which is kewl.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ben and Jim,

Definitely a class act thing to do, and great to continue the tradition at Putnam Park. Anyone who is considering some track time, this is a very safe track, yet technical and alot of fun. I can guarantee with the groups signed up you will enjoy some quality time after the circuit running, ha!

I had a prior committment that I was trying to change when I heard about this gesture on your part, and I can't get it switched, but let's hope Viper Days is back next year , or who knows, you guys may have started a new , annual event.

Best of Luck and I know all will enjoy!!:2tu:

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps the issue is "advanced drivers". I have only been to one track day, and I would say 75% of the participants could easily interpret this to mean they should not show up. But, every one of them could surely run with "advanced drivers" safely. Why "advanced drivers"? Why not anyone who can drive a Viper up to the front gates?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas