Open Track Modification Advice

CFRA7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

If I buy a Viper, I want to open track. Therefore I’ll need someone to give me advice. Who are the Viper performance vendors that actually race Vipers? Who can I trust about what modifications are to be made vs. those just trying to sell product? I’m planning on getting a Gen II.

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

If I buy a Viper, I want to open track. Therefore I’ll need someone to give me advice. Who are the Viper performance vendors that actually race Vipers? Who can I trust about what modifications are to be made vs. those just trying to sell product? I’m planning on getting a Gen II.

Call Archer Racing or better yet JonB at Parts Rack. I can tell you exactly what you need and where to get it if you tell me what your experience on a track is and how far you want to go and how much you wanna spend. Vipers are basically out of the box track cars.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

Good choice on the Gen 2 especially a GTS if you plan to track it. Nearly everyone will try to sell you everything they can as its the nature of the business, but I highly recommend Bobby Archer Motorsports in Ft. Worth. He has an extensive background in road racing Vipers and can sell or set up your car in accordance with what YOUR intensions are. Stay away from so called tuners unless your just interested in drags. They will try to sell you every thing under the sun.:drive:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before spending a bunch of $ (sorry vendors) attend a regional Viper Days track weekend. You will get an idea of how well your car handles, and which areas you would like to improve.

At the track you will meet some of the best vendors, and discover which ones support track events.

You can see which modifications you might be interested in, and how they work at the track.

Take some time to speak to some of the other racers to get an idea of which modifications have worked out for them.

Just register, show up in your viper, and bring your credit card.

If you are gonna spend some time at the track, you might consider looking at the track prepared cars available in out classifieds. Might find a well sorted out viper, already set up.