Open Track Report on StopTech Brakes for 2001 GTS

SlowCreamPuff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the front and rear StopTech setup on my 2001 GTS.

Awesome.
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

If you enjoy track events and do enough of them, get these!!

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put mine on 3 weeks ago, what a pleasure on the track. My first track day with them I was hitting my normal braking zone as I would with the stock brakes and was coming up 5-7 carlengths short of my turn in point (turn 1 WSIR), took a little getting used to, but a good thing.

BYT U L8R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just finished my 4 wheel package Sat. WOW! Very easy to install, too. Shoot, never even changed oil before these. Very worth the money, excellent performance and can't wait for the track!
Oh, and they look cool, too
smile.gif

BYT U L8R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you go to the Stoptech web site (www.stoptech.com, I believe) and go to the technical section they have the complete set of directions for front and rear assembly of the brakes. Also, they have excellent tech help over the phone, if needed.
As for me and tools, I had to buy a torque wrench and a few sockets. I had a small hand grinder and a hack saw, yes a hack saw. I didn't even make the first payment on my car and I took a hack saw to it...yikes!

BYT U L8R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No special tool for bleeding the brakes...Just a wrench to open the valve, clear tubing for fluid and to see the bubbles and a jar to capture the fluid. You probably have all of that stuff in the kitchen, or somewhere...

BYT U L8R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would highly recommend it even if you're a weekend driver. Having better brakes will always help you. What if grandma in front off you hits a car and you have to brake hard. Lets say you are tailing closer than you should of been...that extra 50' of braking distance can mean the differance of driving home with a faster heart rate or not driving home at all.
Defensive driving and aggressive brakes means the same thing to me. JM2C.

BYT U L8R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon B. at the parts rack...This guy knows his stuff and I don't think anyone can beat his prices!!
(~$4,300)

OP
OP
S

SlowCreamPuff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The tech support is excellent as well.

Matt@StopTech is very helpful.

StopTech is doing a really good job. It's truly a system in the sense that you install it and everything just works great.

AZVIPERS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would any of you recommend upgrading the stock brakes to the StopTechs if you just drive your car on the weekends and have no plans to take the car to the track?

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan Cragin has a pretty good deal on Stoptechs installed, check with him. And yes be careful you get the e-brake kit it's $500 more then non e-brake.

BYT U L8R,
When are you gonna come to the track and do some road racing with us SoCal car nuts?

BTW that goes for Kelly T also.

BYT U L8R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SoCAl,
ASAP!! Just let me know the next meeting. I'm there!
BTW The price I listed above was with the E-brake. Slightly less than 4300 through JonB (but you have to do it yourself).
It is worth the "trouble"

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BYT U L8R, what SSpeed Racer said above, touring car club having an event at Buttonwillow THIS WEEKEND, you can still get in, go to the website, $235 for both days. 5-6 Vipers will be there, instuction available if you've never raced, if you have raced come play with us, it's a fast crowd. Ken Adelberg (one of the faster Viper drivers) will be there instructing, priceless!

Where's Kelly T??????

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Keep in mind if you have a 2001 or 2002 that the price will be higher. The ABS systems , with the E-brake kit, will run you higher, and the earlier kits will not fit!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4