Opinion on "Chaser Stripes"

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Opinion on \"Chaser Stripes\"

Hi All,
My 99 gts acr is being painted Silver tonight and then I am going to stripe it with Steel Grey Stripes. I have to decide if I want to put these "chaser" stripes on the car. I think it will make it look a little differant and racier. My painter did it on a red with black stripes but I didn't love it with those colors beacuse I thought it was too much. I have done a rough photoshop with the pinstripes added - so please give me your opinion.

Gary

You must be registered for see images

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Opinion on

Not if they're done like those above...
Don't drink and stripe... o_O
I hope they're photoshopped.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Car looks better without stripes.Smoother.Stripes cut the visual width in half.Pre teens will however love it and drool on it.You have the same classic shape as that of a 62 Ferrari 250 GTO with body designed by Scaglietti.Why would you want to ruin it? GTS Bruce

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I prefer NO stripes.

But if I was to due stripes it would be like the TOP picture, with the Stock looking stripes.
JMO

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks Guys I appreciate your responses. Dennis- yes this was just a quick photoshop conversion.
Thanks Again
Gary

Casey 111

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Umm i like it with the smaller stripes on the side but i think it would look better with narrower primary stripes.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

My .02....no stripes, stock stripes, chaser stripes. BTW, that looks like an RT/10. To each their own. Do what you like.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

yeah... confusing, off topic, but that looks like a hard top on that viper. That would make it an RT/10.... ?

G

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't know who's car that is. I just used it as an example and put the pinstripes on it.
Thanks

Woody

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think the pin stripes add a nice touch to the factory style stripes...but then again I am somewhat biased. I have had nothing but positive comments on not only the stripes but the pin stripes as well. I like them, but to each his own.
7784DSC01158-med.JPG

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score

*****, Beautiful car above! I personally would never have a non-striped viper. I love the stripes and like both versions. Is it the angles above or are *****'s "chaser" stripes different from Garwood's initial chaser stripes at the beginning of the post? *****'s chaser stripes tend to blend in better but again it could just be the angle of the car. (Or it could also be a $$$$ stripe job vs photoshop that I'm seeing).

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gerald,
My stripes were drawn in about 5 minutes just so i could get an idea what they were going to look like :laugh:
The finished product will look much less noticeable with 1/4" stripes and 1/4" space between the fat stripe and pinstripe.
BTW I saw your halloween picture and thought it was me and my friends for a minute. We were all wearing similar costumes in a picture. I'll have to try and find it.
Gary

Topawam

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Pin Strippes for the Red/Black combo looks awesome du to the total difference of color. For the Silver/Graphite, closer tone of color, I think the Originale Strippes suit better. And again, do what you like best.
The Rt is the sample, His car is being painted... Correct?

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The car in the post is a pic of a silver with steel grey stripes that someone posted to show me the color combination. I just used the image to add the pistripes to it to see what it looks like. My car is getting painted tomorrow.
Thanks
Gary

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

owner here wanted something different to

not quite complete, we tried our best to talk him out of the fangs :eek:
190Richard.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics