Opinions on color/paint

imagine32000

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've ordered a Viper Red 08 Coupe from Bill @ Woodhouse. Been a pleasure to deal with thus far. The plan so far is to have the in-house professional paint guy do the white striping to factory spec, once they receive the car. I'm told I'll be charged in the same manner as if I was ordering a striped option from the factory. I've also been told they've done several customer cars in the past as well. I would like some opinions on a few questions.

1) Has anyone here personally had any paint work done by the dealership/painter in question?

2) Do you think having ordered a solid color car from the factory & THEN having the striping performed aftermarket, affect the potential resale of the car, if & when I ever decide to part with it?

I'm not too concerned about the resale of the car, as I purchase vehicles the way I want them & not how I think the future owner wants it, ha. That's the whole reason why I've told Bill to order the Viper Red as a solid & have his dealership do the white striping. Would it be smarter to perhaps have the car ordered with the light silver striping? Is it close to white? Problem is I'm having a difficult time finding hi-res photos of the different colors of the cars, so I'm having to base a lot of what I see off of 06 coupe color combos, but even still, the photos are rare to find. Any & all opinions are appreciated. I'd love to get some feedback, thanks!

- Matt

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woodhouse is a great dealer, Bill sold me my '06 and it was a great experience. If they do the stripes on your car I'm sure they'll do a great job and I know they have done a number of cars in the past. Resale is always a hard question but I believe it would sell higher than a non-striped car, especially if the stripes are quality. If you want to see a red/silver, look in the gallery under redtanrt10, I have a number of pictures posted, not all are in the '06 coupe section. No matter what you choose you'll have a great car, good luck! Mike

014_141.JPG

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt- In my opinion the addition of stripes will not hurt the resale value of the car. It may eliminate a few potential buyers, but most won't care. I think the best way to do the stripes is exactly the same configuration as those from the factory. Others may disagree. Woodhouse will have seen plenty of the new style stripes by the time your Viper Red, not Venom Red Metallic, arrives at the dealership. And I think white looks great. :2tu:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas