Opinions on ths rebuilt 08 ???

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matts a stand up guy and knows vipers inside and out so I trust any car he rebuilds. In fact if that was a coupe I would have already bought it

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I recall on the original ad, Matt did not do the repair, he repainted it as the original repaint was not up to his standards. I have seen several of his cars FS over the years, it seems he does a good job rebuilding them however.

If I am wrong, please feel free to correct me.

FEDBYVORTECH

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From what I recall on the original ad, Matt did not do the repair, he repainted it as the original repaint was not up to his standards. I have seen several of his cars FS over the years, it seems he does a good job rebuilding them however.

If I am wrong, please feel free to correct me.

Yes that is what I was told by Matt. It has been painted 2x's. Looks nice from pics.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
True he may have not repaired but I bet you Matt went over the car 100% to make sure she was right before putting his reputation on the line.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You won't have any problems with Matt. If something should come up, I have no doubt he would take care of it...

Get him to throw in a set of his MM headers....:2tu:

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks guys. This is a fun car. I have put about 800 miles on it with our local club. Runs and drives great. Wayne I maybe will have to make it a coupe :)

VIPER08 give me a call

Matt
651-248-4971

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
V

VIPER08

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. This is a fun car. I have put about 800 miles on it with our local club. Runs and drives great. Wayne I maybe will have to make it a coupe :)

VIPER08 give me a call

Matt
651-248-4971

well it sounds like you've seen a lot of vipers and lots of them have been through the rebuilding/salvage process. even though you bought it re-assembled I would assume you still knew what you were getting into and you knew exactly what kind of accident it was in .... and type of damage it sustained, etc etc?

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldnt worry about buying a car from Matt. He is a stand up guy. I have bought many parts from him and some of them were used and got damaged during shipping. He took care of it with no questions asked. He buys and sells cars all the time.

bigmack339

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I was home, I would have already flown out and bought it. I wanted a SSG, 600 hp SRT...Damn, Damn, Damn....

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im just wondering why the OP hasnt bought it yet. If you are looking to actually buy a rebuilt Gen 4 then obviously this is the one to buy. The price is stupid low and the seller has been bragged on from many people here that know him and his skills with absolutely zero negatives mentioned. The ball is in your court.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im just wondering why the OP hasnt bought it yet. If you are looking to actually buy a rebuilt Gen 4 then obviously this is the one to buy. The price is stupid low and the seller has been bragged on from many people here that know him and his skills with absolutely zero negatives mentioned. The ball is in your court.

People always want the best deal that they can get. Depending on Matt's reserve, the car could be bought for less than the Buy-it now price. The question becomes, does the potential buyer want to risk losing it in the last 10 seconds of the auction? That's the eBay game, and people like playing it. It's the American way. A big part of what the post purchase is about for lots of guys is bragging about what you paid for the car. Its the number one consideration of 87.62% of male car buyers.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree 100%. But I was being a little bit of a smarta-- with my question. From what Ive seen on this forum many times, alot of these Im looking to buy thread starters never buy. Even when they are being told my multiple Viper owners that they are looking at one of the best deals out there. Just like the car hes inquiring about. As I stated if it was a coupe I would have bought it waaayyy before he had a chance to even ask about it and for two reasons the seller is a stand up viper guy and the price is freakin awesome. Hes asked, hes been given every positive reason to jump on this deal, so I still say "IF" he is really looking to buy a rebuilt 08-up car and passes on this then he is not quite as serious as he says. Cause last time I looked rebuilt Gen 4s are free. But in the 40's is as close as he will get.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO Just because someone is looking and doesn't buy when the forum says they should doesn't mean they are not a serious buyer. I was called a "dreamer" more than once on here. I am surprised at how often people on this forum quickly call others out because they don't buy right away and ask questions. (Seriously, not directed at anyone in this thread, just based on what I've seen in general)

A Viper purchase is a big deal, it's even bigger if it's your first and bigger yet if you can't afford to jump quickly without being 100% sure that it's the right purchase for you. Some of the members can afford to fly out buy a car ship it back. Some can afford several Vipers and several other very nice cars. Some, like me, work hard to make the Viper purchase attainable. However you need to save, shop smart, look, learn and ask questions. (I have no idea where the OP falls)

Truth be told, if I didn't buy mine I would be looking at this SSG from Matt, only because it's an hr away and it would have saved some cash over my 08 Aero. I could look at it in person, I could drive it, I could get a feel for it, speak with Matt in person and make a decision. I would only be out a few bucks in gas and an afternoon if I didn't buy rather than 50k if I did and wasn't happy.

If it was half way across the country I would probably look elsewhere. It would be hard for me to make a $50k purchase on a salvaged vehicle based on forum members comments who have not seen or driven the vehicle, let alone myself not doing so. Even if its a great deal and a great repair I would hate to be unsatisfied with my purchase. But then again, after speaking with Matt on the phone maybe things would be clarified and I would be satisfied, who knows.

It's entirely different buying blind when the car has a clean, documented history with no stories, which I have done many times with several other much cheaper vehicles. (Not to take away from how good the seller fixes these cars, like I said in my first post, it appears he does a great job with them)

Anyways, my random thoughts. The OP asked for opinions, some were provided. What the OP does with those is 100% his choice. I won't fault him if he doesn't buy because I think it's a nice looking car for a nice price. It's his money not mine.

Last edited:

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every thing you say is true but I have purchased over 250 cars in my short life and some of the worse piece of craps I have ever bought were supposedly clean title no history ones. All a clean history means is it was not recorded to insurance or by police reports that doesnt mean its still not a wrecked/flooded butchered piece of crap. The diff in buying one thats previous salvage is I would know what Im getting and I also would know Im putting $10-20k in my pocket. Which I assume is what the OP is wanting to do.
The OP plainly states hes looking for a rebuilt 08-up and there may be 5 a year show up for sale. SO he can "shop" all he wants but better not expect one to pop up 100 miles away or it could be a long wait. These are vipers not camrys, rare means jump when available, just like used viper mods. Thats just my .02.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OH yeah most of these looking to buy threads never end up with a car. Not saying your wrong but this is just what Ive noticed over the past 4 years.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd want to see pics of the damage and a list of what was replaced/repaired. Price is great for that car and that color. I don't hesitate when the car is 'branded' if the repairs were done correctly and the price reflects it. One of the large salvage Viper dealers said that 30-40% of all registered Vipered have been damaged at least once in their life. Whether the damage was reported is often up to the owner depending on how he chooses to repair it.

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Google the vin and you will see the previous damage. Car was not orig SSG according to the photos. http://usedcarsfsbo.com/asp/Archive.asp?Make=Dodge&theday=1%2F19%2F2011

I'd want to see pics of the damage and a list of what was replaced/repaired. Price is great for that car and that color. I don't hesitate when the car is 'branded' if the repairs were done correctly and the price reflects it. One of the large salvage Viper dealers said that 30-40% of all registered Vipered have been damaged at least once in their life. Whether the damage was reported is often up to the owner depending on how he chooses to repair it.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Google the vin and you will see the previous damage. Car was not orig SSG according to the photos. http://usedcarsfsbo.com/asp/Archive.asp?Make=Dodge&theday=1/19/2011

Followed your link and the text says the color was green. I don't think the picture shown is correct. Looks like a black car? Just the fact the VIN ends in 119 makes me think the car could only be GTS Blue, SSG or Venom Red. My car, VIN 116 is GTS Blue. If you remember, in 2008, the first 3 colors were those I mentioned. Other colors were released in waves months later. I know the cars were not built in exact order of the VIN, but generally there is a correlation. Again, my opinion is the car was originally SSG.

Bill

OP
OP
V

VIPER08

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what im saying ........... is that the Owner of the car (matt im assuming) apparently has a good reputation around here and has had 40 or more vipers come in & out of his garage correct? lots of these have been through the damage/salvage process. so one would have to call this guy somewhat of a professional when it comes to these vipers. ok good enough ....

why however, when i asked the question 3 or 4 days ago about its previous condition, do I get no response? i understand that he most likely purchased it already rebuilt .. I get that. HOWEVER, im 1000% confident that a person like him KNEW EXACTLY what he was buying, and knew EXACTLY what the damage had been to that car, and knew EXACTLY what the previous damage was. Why cant i get a break down of the damage that was done previously? I dont care if you bought it already rebuilt or not .... he KNOWS exactly what happened to that car previously.

im obviously 'ok' with buying a previously damaged salvage viper. otherwise I wouldnt even be showing interest. I have 2 already. But im NOT interested in buying a previously damaged/salvage viper from someone who wont disclose what they know about the car in detail and just hide behind the fact that they "bought it from someone else rebuilt already"

People on this site are correct ..... there are some deals to be had out there. $40k is NOT a steal by any means but its a good price. However he's looking for $50k. And $50k is not chump change these days, and you cant tell me there arent MINT un-wrecked 08 vipers out there for $55-$60k. (and lets not forget he WAS selling this for $56,000) wow that's a tough price for a salvage 08 viper.

Last edited:

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL "$40k is not a steal by any means" I assume you are talking about a gen 4????? Dude I watch the big salvage sales every day and you will be very lucky to buy a gen 4 with light to moderate damage for under $40k. If you find any Gen4's for $40k and not buying please let me know I will buy it asap. Yes $56k was too much but $49 is right on. IMO Best of luck on your search

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For comparisons a forum member had his higher than average mile red 08 for sale for several months. Started at 59k iirc and ended up selling this clean title 08 coupe for 49k. To the OP. Spend five minutes and make a phone call. He replied and left his number.

EDIT: spelling, damn phone.

Last edited:

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the end of the day, buying a repaired salvage is a bit of a gamble, thus the 10k in savings. You still need to drive the car and get a through inspection.

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
what im saying ........... is that the Owner of the car (matt im assuming) apparently has a good reputation around here and has had 40 or more vipers come in & out of his garage correct? lots of these have been through the damage/salvage process. so one would have to call this guy somewhat of a professional when it comes to these vipers. ok good enough ....

why however, when i asked the question 3 or 4 days ago about its previous condition, do I get no response? i understand that he most likely purchased it already rebuilt .. I get that. HOWEVER, im 1000% confident that a person like him KNEW EXACTLY what he was buying, and knew EXACTLY what the damage had been to that car, and knew EXACTLY what the previous damage was. Why cant i get a break down of the damage that was done previously? I dont care if you bought it already rebuilt or not .... he KNOWS exactly what happened to that car previously.

im obviously 'ok' with buying a previously damaged salvage viper. otherwise I wouldnt even be showing interest. I have 2 already. But im NOT interested in buying a previously damaged/salvage viper from someone who wont disclose what they know about the car in detail and just hide behind the fact that they "bought it from someone else rebuilt already"

People on this site are correct ..... there are some deals to be had out there. $40k is NOT a steal by any means but its a good price. However he's looking for $50k. And $50k is not chump change these days, and you cant tell me there arent MINT un-wrecked 08 vipers out there for $55-$60k. (and lets not forget he WAS selling this for $56,000) wow that's a tough price for a salvage 08 viper.

I have talked to so many people I don't remember which one you were? I don't know all the repairs as I did not do the repair on the car. I was told it had a rear clip done and I can see this is true. If I had a sereous buyer on the car I could go through every nut and bolt I touched but there is no way for me to tell you everyone they did. I can tell you it runs and drives great with great lines on the body panels. I deal with 50-100 people on a car before a real buyer comes along. When one does it is a great experiance for me and them. I have multiple offers on it now with trades involved. I am always a phone call away and will answer any question you have. There is another SSG Salvage on there for 56k and what can you buy a non salvage one for? Most are 68-72k. At 56k that was 12k less than a non damaged one. Now at my buy it now it is 19,000 less. I would say that is a great deal. My reserve is my cost in the car without any of my time counted in. So if I sell it for only the reserve then I am loosing money on the car. I don't know what more you would want?

If I had done the repairs on the car like I ussually do I would be able to tell you every last detail.