Optima Yellow Top?

yellow02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just purchased one of these batteris, the smaller of the two. However, i plan on hooking up an amp to the battery. Therefore, do i need to return this for the larger battery w/ the side ports? Or will this work out fine if i just wire it up to the +/- terminal? ...thanks a lot guys

OP
OP
Y

yellow02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok, i just took off the wheel and i realized that the battery has screw in +/- connections... does anyone know if the Optimas side ports are the same screw sizes as the stock mopar battery? ...thanks guys

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd return it for the Red Top. I heard they make a new one with a little smaller case than the old ones sos it should fit better but has same CCA.

Andy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The red top is the one for typical car use. I think yellow top is a deep cycle, as you would use in a boat.

I just put an Optima red top model 7535 in my 97 GTS last weekend, and it fit fine. It's about .2" shorter, and has less CCA than the larger red top, but the specs meet the viper service manual.

The screw in terminals for the 7535 work with the viper. I'm not sure if there are even different sizes.