Ordering 2004 SRT-10 in Oregon . . .

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Great board.

I am in the Portland, Ore. area and am considering getting on a wait list for a 2004 SRT-10. Does anyone know of a reputable dealer in my area that has a decent allocation/good relations with the manufacturer? I stopped by Ron Tonkin Dodge on McLoughlin Blvd for info on the SRT-10 and they seemed fine.

Also, I prefer ordering my cars new from the factory. While this may not be an issue with the Viper (basically the only option you can choose is exterior color), is this how most folks ordered theirs?

Finally, I got a very friendly e-mail from Larry Schmidt, president of the Northwest Viper Club, saying that you can order your Viper from any dealer and then have it serviced at any other Dodge Dealer (he recommended a dealer in Sandy, Oregon). Has anyone had any problems doing this?

Sorry for all the "newbie" questions but thanks for any help you can provide.

/Rich

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck Tator or Bill Pemberton
Tator's Dodge Woodhouse Dodge

You can easily have the car "Drop Shipped" or shipped via
enclosed trailer.
I have had three vipers shipped via enclosed trailers from the
East Coast and I have not had a problem.

Good luck and don't wait too long to get on a waiting list they are filling up!

2Charmed

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree. And I'm from Portland myself
wink.gif

Tony Cantafio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tiumberline Dodge on Sandy Blvd. in Portland is an excellent, top quality Viper dealer. Very personable owners and one of the best Viper techs, Ken Klickman. Viper sales contact is Russ Ficek.

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we talking about the same excellent quality dealership which does not take responsibility when they return a car with a damaged ruim ? Give me a break. These people are not professionals. They are in there for the money. I have contacted 3 different people within their organization after they returned my car with a damaged rim. The manager and Ken Klickman were 2 of them. Nobody ever came back to me. I was not a VCA member yet at that moment.
About 2 months ago I reacted to a post about service in the PDX area in a similar way as my current message. That's when Ken Klickman dropped me an E-mail and initially pretended not to know about the situation. Then all of a sudden he DID remember and dropped me another E-mail telling me I should have brought in my car for inspection. Selective memory ? Nope, just screwing over customers.
This is the power of the internet buddies. Live with it. Your relationship with your customers doen not end once you ran their credit card.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the way I see things.....

Timberline Dodge does not sell a very many NEW Vipers, but has always taken VERY good care of me and my Vipers. Their service is good and Ken knows as much about vipers as anyone in the NW.

I have not had any past experience with "a dealer in Sandy, Oregon" nor do I know of anyone who has.

Bill at Woodhouse Dodge comes highly recommended from all most everyone here and that includes me. Every time I've called him he has been fair and very nice to talk to. Do give him a call.

Also, You have one more large Dealer in your back yard. Latham Motors in Idaho can be a great place to check. Eric Lee sells allot of vipers and has been know to treat people right, including me. Saving some $ on shipping can be a plus.

If you want to talk vipers, call me at work at 360-696-7446 and I'll make sure you get all the information you need.

farrbar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I too have heard good things about Bill Pemberton. However, I would suggest Roanoke Motors, in Roanoke, Illinois (Call John 800-541-6858) They can get the car shipped any place you need it. John sells cars all over the States. As far as allocation, they sell so many Vipers that they get a great allocation (take a look at his Ad in Dupont, the picture proves it )- sometimes he may have 25 or 30 in stock!!

The key with a Viper is to get it through a dealer that truly sells Vipers.

My third Viper (all from Roanoke) is on its way today, I can't wait.

Either way, John, Bill, Chuck - you won't regret it. Save the local dealer for your wife's caravan. Although, once you do business with John you'll want to buy that from him too!!

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your new car will be with you for some years. It just might be worth checking out the "local dealers" to see if "service after the sale" is the same for cars locally purchased or not.
There is lots to think about on a major purchase such as this one...
Call me if you want.

Stephen Yap

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Service at Timberline Dodge is EXCELLENT based on my experience and from many others. Besides that, ask Viper owners around the Portland/Vancouver area which dealership supports VCA events and has the closest ties to DC (Timberline). Ask them which Viper Tech has the most experience in that area on both stock and aftermarket parts(Ken Klickman). Go and check the Service Areas of the other dealerships and determine how Vipers are treated differently. Ask the past and present VCA officers where they bring their Vipers. Ask which Viper Dealership/Tech has helped the most on warranty issues. Not all satisfied customers spend their time on the internet. Find out if there is even another service center apart from Timberline that has gotten any positive reviews in the Portland/Vancouver Area.

Ray R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased my Viper from Timberline, and I've had service work performed by Ken Klickman. No complaints here!

BTW...When Larry talked about a dealer in Sandy, I'll bet he was referring to Timberline Dodge ON Sandy Blvd.

Also btw...Ron tonkin has a final edition GTS on the showroom floor. Claims to be the second to the last one produced, based on the VIN number being one less than last one. Last one was auctioned, I think.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had my Viper serviced at 3 different local Dodge service centers in the Portland area and have been treated well where ever I have taken it, even if I didn't buy it there. I agree that Ken Klickman at Timberline seems to be the most knowledgeable in the area and is VCA/warranty friendly. I was impressed when I pulled in there to have him take my Viper for a test drive a couple of weeks ago to give me his opinion on a problem I was having. They had 3 other vipers in for service at the same time including a GT2 which was having the frame welding done. They seemed to take good care of the Vipers in their possession and I plan to take mine back there for work.

Sorry to hear about the problem you had there Ives, but it doesn't seem to be the normal experience at Timberline. I also dinged my rim up there, but it was me that did it
crying.gif

So to answer part of your question rcl4668, I don't think you will have any problem getting warranty service in Portland even if you decide to buy it through one of the out-of-state dealers.

--- Ken

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I've got to add one more Viper friendly dealership to the list... our friends at Buhler Dodge! ( www.buhlerdodge.com ) Regional and Zone VCA sponsor and a great bunch of guys (along with all the others listed above!)