Oreca Screensaver

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
That was a cool screensaver. Great Pics from 1999 when Viper won 1 and 2 in GTS Le Mans. Been NLA from Oreca site for quite a while though.
;)

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom,

Please hook me up too!

JGK95 at Aol.com

Thanks!

Jay K.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I have the original zip program file for this screensaver. It works fine on an old win98SE I put it on years ago. Loaded it today on a new HP with XP-SP2 and it works fine.

But I installed on a Dell XP-SP2 machine and the following message comes up when I try to run the program: :confused:

Chrysler Viper Team ORECA.scr - Application error

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). click on OK to terminate the application

Click "OK" and the message comes up a second time.

There are a lot of issues with the Xoc0000005. Who knows the fix on this?

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
didn't work for me either. :(

I tried to get it to work and even opened the dat file as a txt file to read it for potential viruses. The file was clean yet I couldn't figure out how the *.scr screen saver file referenced the *.dat file. So apologies, it didn't work for me. Anybody else get it to work?

Jay K.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marv,

Where did you place the two files? Or did you have more files in your zip file?.

To answer your question, run the error into Google and refernce the error.

Jay K.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have it on a Win98SE machine, in the C:\Windows folder, have not tried it on WinXP. What I actually do is use a freeware screensaver called Picture and Sound Show, which lets you select images. I then could remove the Oreca images I didn't want and add my own that I did want. (I had the images available from the Win98E laptop.)

There are ~15 jpeg images of about 50KB. If someone can't figure out the "software" issue, I'll put the images in my gallery tonight.