Original Prototype Gen 3 SC for sale on Ebay

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is an interesting kit design we did, but this is not what we ended with and are releasing at VOI.
We're doing some shop cleanup and preparing for a move back into Jacksonville in October.
Seemed like a good time to let this kit go :)
It works, but not well enough for me to release in production, not to mention the costs involved in making some of the larger parts out of solid stock.
It does fit under the hood and only fits 2003-2004 motors.
Could make for an interesting coffee table or an SC on a one off or show car :)
eBay Motors: 2003-2004 Dodge Viper Supercharger System Prototype Roe (item 140251675869 end time Jul-28-08 18:11:24 PDT)

Regards,
Sean

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean that thing looks sick. I can only imagine what the production kit will look like... I cant wait.

kman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm as anxious as the rest. I can't wait to see that bad boy sitting on a gen 3 engine. Has sean given performance numbers yet for the new kit?

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Pretty interesting dyno. 33% increase in torque, 26% increase in HP. Real nice increase in the area I drive most - 2500 - 5k rpms. Cant wait to see the final system at VOI!

9a59_3.jpg

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember this chart if for the Viper Truck. While it is the same engine, the driveline and wheels and tires are much much heavier thus putting less to the wheels. I remember a post by Sean who mentioned the Viper will see a much larger increase.

Pretty interesting dyno. 33% increase in torque, 26% increase in HP. Real nice increase in the area I drive most - 2500 - 5k rpms. Cant wait to see the final system at VOI!

9a59_3.jpg

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone going better take real good pictures of the final set-up. I am very serious about slapping the sucker on.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Remember this chart if for the Viper Truck. While it is the same engine, the driveline and wheels and tires are much much heavier thus putting less to the wheels. I remember a post by Sean who mentioned the Viper will see a much larger increase.

Not according to the ad on ebay - "The dyno graph attached was from this exact Supercharger on a stock 2004 Viper SRT-10 with no cats and 3” cat back exhaust. It was running about 5-6 psi boost. It is a direct comparison of stock intake versus this system."

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh didnt realize that John. I am sure the production kit will put down more power than that.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im pretty sure seans new kit for the gen3 & 4 is gonna put out a lot more power than that one shown

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Correct, that graph is from the prototype kit up on Ebay that I wasn't happy enough with to release.
That system, between having the custom blower made by Autorotor that did a reverse drive (and still moves the air the right direction), etc, etc, really cost about $40,000. I didn't have my own production high speed CNC equipment then and I had everything made at outside job shops. Try spending a few thousand dollars on fixtures for each part and all the engineering time, only to find that you weren't happy enough with the design to keep going that direction.... ugh. Good thing I'm committed, or perhaps should be...lol

Regards,
Sean

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang