Other options than using a B-A-P?

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looking for other options than using a boost a pump for a Roe S/C. Is there a fuel pump that can replace the stock pump? Does it mount in the tank? does it need to be used with a regulator? I am looking to replace the current MSD boost a pump? Still have a lean condition over 5000rpm. Have not pulled the fuel pump yet. Everythiong else seems fine. Had injectors cleaned/rebuilt and tested. Replaced fuel filter. Still lean above 5000rpm. Any suggestions?

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You can add a 255 in the tank or go to an external pump but you will need to run a return line and a regulator up front. What set up do you have and hp?

OP
OP
S

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 10lb pulley on the Roe blower. 700hp plus at the rear wheel. What is the 255 you are refering to. :omg:

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you give us some more information.

What are you using for fuel management? Vec 2?
Stock injectors?
Methanol?
700+rwhp are you sure? tested? Reason I ask is because thats a VERY tall order for a ROE with 10psi and no nitrous.

Most likely you would need to get bigger injectors, Roe has a fantastic price on 10 new 60lb injectors that fit into factory rails. With those injectors you can lower your fuel pressure which would in turn make the pump more efficient and capable of flowing more GPH. But at the same time you will need to retune the car for the bigger injectors.

OP
OP
S

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am running a 10lb pulley on a Roe S/C. Mods: 1.7 roller rockers , custom airbox, edelbrock headers, hi flow cats 3'' exhaust. Water ****. 42lb green top injectors Vec -2, MSD boost a pump. Had it dynoed a couple of times. 675-708 rwhp. Cr has been loosing power on the dyno. (same dyno) Last time it was dynoed 610 hp at 5000rpm. Then the A/F ration went to almost 14. Could not correct with the vec-2 no matter how much fuel was added. Fuel pressure was 55lbs. Have had injectors cleaned and tested, replaced fuel filter. Msd box appears to be working. (show increased with voltage at higher rpm. ) Have not pulled the fuel pump yet. Wanted to know if there was an drop in fuel pump that would eliminate the boost apump yet provide enough fuel with adding an addition regulator or fuel lines.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It needs the fuel pump. Mine makes 635 rwhp and the stock fuel pump/boost a pump is maxed out.

Try a Walbro 255.

If you got to 700 rwhp with the stock pump/boost a pump you achieved a minor miracle.:lmao:

OP
OP
S

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuch Tator, AKA " The Wizard" did a leak down test and compression test. All was well. Why would I need to change the injectors to larger ones?
the car ran fine for a year with this set-up? Is any one using the stock pump with a boost a pump and making 700rwhp? Does the Walboro fit as adirct replacement for the stock one? Who sells them?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
who did the install ? tator ? how long ago was the leakdown/test ? after the dyno runs ?

and was romar "tuning" this car ?

Dimitrios, was at that 700 mark or slightly above on a BAP but he ALWAYS had detonation from what i remember. never could get the bugs worked out. i could be wrong though, ask him.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you already had it running right and this is something that just started happening then I agree you need to figure out what the problem is.

Fuel pressure at 55 psi was under boost? Or idle?

Were you using your **** injection as additional fuel or just to cool down the charge? Maybe there is a problem with the **** injection if it is counted on for enrichment.

Back to your original question there are drop in aftermarket pump assemblies available, and if you need to change your pump you might as well pickup a twin in tank setup.

OP
OP
S

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuel pressure was 55psi under load. Water **** seems to be working fine. Where can I find a better drop in pump. I don't want to add lines, regulators, etc.

BADMOFO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
SNKBYT,

I have the same issue; I am looking to go this route..!

"LEP CNC Billet Fuel Hanger

We have completed the CNC billet Fuel Hanger for both the Gen II & GenIII..

Features:

CNC Billet aluminum
Silent in tank operation
Pumps stay cool
Direct drop in-uses factory fuel float level
Available in 2 or 3 pump configurations 800 or 1200+whp
1/2" return
1/2"feed or
3/4" feed

Complete with wiring harness . $599.00

Available assembled complete with pumps..$1099.00 (this is assembled and ready to go.) Fittings, relays, harness etc...

Garth W
Leading Edge Performance
702 375-4999
[email protected]"

Good Luck...!

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuel pressure was 55psi under load. Water **** seems to be working fine. Where can I find a better drop in pump. I don't want to add lines, regulators, etc.

That is your problem, 55 psi should be idle pressure on a viper. Under load you should have at least +1 psi for every pound of boost from your supercharger, or at the very least 65psi under load.

In regards to an aftermarket fuel pump setup, you are most likely going to need a return line and a regulator to make it work right.

Your other option would be to step up your **** injection considerably. For example on an AEM car we can almost phase out gasoline under boost, by adding a whole lot of methanol through secondary injectors. This in turn cools down the air charge better than any intercooler, and raises octane significantly. I am not sure if it is possible to setup secondary injectors on a Vec 2 to deliver methanol, it is something you would need to talk to Roe about.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is your problem, 55 psi should be idle pressure on a viper. Under load you should have at least +1 psi for every pound of boost from your supercharger, or at the very least 65psi under load.

Should is the key word but that can't happen with the factory setup. You need a boost referenced fuel pressure regulator which the factory one is not. At best it might maintain the preset fuel pressure under boost but I found that mine could not do that. At 10 lbs of boost my fuel pressure would drop to 52psi.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
call garth and get the in tank setup. its easy for ME to spend YOUR money but trust me, its a lot easier to do it right from the very beginning.