Out of Service Reimbursement???

gilly6993

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know this is a shot in the dark but my 09 ACR (3600 miles) will be at the dealer for at least 2 months....I emailed Dodge asking if they had some sort of reimbursement program for cars that are out of service for an extended period of time.....

the only reason I asked is that my GT-R was recently at the dealer for over 7 weeks and Nissan North America gave me $2,000, which was what they calculated the average lease payment was....the car got a new tranny....

I heard back from Dodge and they stated they needed to pass the email on to someone higher up the chain, so at least it's getting looked at....

As I said, I know it's a long shot, but it doesn't hurt to ask....

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Arrow rebuilds were done on several Vipers going all the way back to the Gen I era but I don't recall Chrysler subsidizing loan payments. My Gen. I was in the shop for almost 2 months awaiting head gaskets back in 2000 and I asked the same question. It's worth a try. Maybe something has changed.

EZ 2B Green

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, you could try to make this into a positive. This is a perfect opportunity to have Arrow install a set of forged ACR-X
pistons. If you need a contact at Arrow Racing Engines, let me know.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried that while mine was there. I was thinking forged pistons and rods, or even just a cam. They can't do anything but return it to stock if it's a warranty job. There's a Chrysler warranty tech that looks over the process.

As far as getting any money for down time, it can't hurt to ask. I wouldn't expect it in my case, because it's 2003 car and it's 2010 now, just like I wouldn't expect it on a Gen I in 2000. With yours being new, you might have a shot at it.

OP
OP
G

gilly6993

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, you could try to make this into a positive. This is a perfect opportunity to have Arrow install a set of forged ACR-X
pistons. If you need a contact at Arrow Racing Engines, let me know.

I tried that while mine was there. I was thinking forged pistons and rods, or even just a cam. They can't do anything but return it to stock if it's a warranty job. There's a Chrysler warranty tech that looks over the process.

that is correct.....I already asked :D

OP
OP
G

gilly6993

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Talked with Trish today from Dodge Cust Service....She was very nice!.....thus far they have authorized 1 month reimbursement, maybe 2.....after telling her my payment she was quite shocked that the car stickered for 110K......she told me jokingly next time I should buy a Jeep :D.....anyways, my dealer went to bat for me and I have to send in some paperwork but at least I'll get soemthing and a new engine with more power....another thing is that I had bought a new Ram back in 2005.....she mentioned that had a lot to do with the decision for what they are doing

A big :2tu:to Chrysler....thanks!

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I work Ford dealership and it's VERY VERY rare to see such case, but earlier this year we had a customers Escape for about 4-5 months due to parts availability and Ford did pay for atleast 2-3 car payments for the customer. When I say rare I've been here over 10 years and it's the only time I know of they've ever done such in my 10 years.

So it is possible, but surely the opposite of the norm.

OP
OP
G

gilly6993

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I work Ford dealership and it's VERY VERY rare to see such case, but earlier this year we had a customers Escape for about 4-5 months due to parts availability and Ford did pay for atleast 2-3 car payments for the customer. When I say rare I've been here over 10 years and it's the only time I know of they've ever done such in my 10 years.

So it is possible, but surely the opposite of the norm.

I thought the same thing but Nissan did and talked to Chrysler today....see my post a few up from here :D

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow congrats! More power and a few grand..Thats what Im talking about