Owner's Site

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Maybe some of you know this, but I didn't. Reading the complimentary magazine my dealer sends me, I saw that you can sign on to Dodge.com, and go to the "Owner's" section, and register your VIN. If you have your vehicles serviced by a dealer, like I do, the records will be there. Not only did my service history for my Viper (for the two years I've owned it) AND my SRT8 show up, but I found an additional record for the Viper 4 years prior to my owning it. The service was "wheels and tire" at a large dealer right here in Philly in January 2006, when the car was 2.5 years old. I'm guessing this is when and where the 5 spokes were installed.

I found this interesting, because my car was put into service in Michigan in July 2003, and when I bought it from Bernie Katz, it had a NH inspection sticker on it. I always assumed the first owner made all the mods to the car (wheels, MGW, plug/wires, exhaust), but maybe it was the second, and somehow passed through here on the way to NH

I'm assuming the online records only go back so far, because prior to my buying the car from Bernie, he checked (and I also had my dealer run the VIN) and the couple recalls for the 2003 were done right after the car went into service back in 2003.

At any rate, thought you guys might find this interesting, as I did.

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. Had no idea this existed. Pulled 3 dealer records for my car. Nice.

OP
OP
S

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What I also found interesting is that as soon as I registered, the information for the SRT8 was already there! Maybe because I bought the car new, so I was the original owner of record? The only VIN I had to register was the Viper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi