PA/WV 2009 Event Schedule

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a list of the events that we have scheduled for 2009, we will be sending out the entire list in our newsletter, but I waned to get this out as early as possible so you can mark your calendars. We have some great events planned this year, some are in conjunction with other Regions. In addition to our club organized events, there are additional events that we will try to make you aware of that are not hosted by our club, such as car shows and track events. As always, if anyone is interested in helping to coordinate and event or has any suggestions, please feel free to contact me.

Feb 21st - "After the Holidays Party" Harrisburg Pa
April 25th - "Covered Bridge Tour" Lancaster County
May 23rd - 26th "Pocono Celebration of Speed and Design"
<http://www.pocono-csd.com/> www.Pocono-CSD.com
June 6th – Maryland Crab Feast (Sponsored by VA/MD Club)
June 13th - "Snakes Alive" at Blockers HD
July 10th - 12th "Chryslers at Carlisle"
http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/chrysler-nationals/
August ?? – “One Lap of Pennsylvania”
Sept 12th - "911 Let's Roll Cruise" Shanksville Pa
Sept 17th-20th - VIPER Invades Niagara Falls (Sponsored by the Illinois Club)
Oct 10th - "Pa Grand Canyon Cruise" Wellsboro Pa
Some events that don’t currently have a firm date:
Philly area cruise – Date and location TBD

Detail Day(s) – Products and demonstrations by ‘Adam’s Polishes” – Date and location TBD – If you have a location available, please contact me

“America on Wheels” Museum Tour – Allentown Area – Date TBD – If you would like to assist with arranging this, please contact me

Children’s Miracle Network – “RideMakerz” Charity Event

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any interest in getting together for the Pittsburgh Vintage Grandprix? Lots of highend car clubs will be present.

OP
OP
P

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get me some more info, I will check it out. Thanks for the suggestion

OP
OP
P

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you talking about the Combined Car Show on July 18th and 19th, that sounds like a pretty big show, I can add it to the schedule, and see how much interest we can spark, I am looking to try and include events from all parts of the Region since we are spread out so far. Thanks again

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An event we have enjoyed in the past is the Quaker Steak & Lube cruise in Erie. Lunch at QS&L and then a cruise around Presque Isle. I believe we did this in conjunction with another region. Its nice and close for the Western PA folks.

OP
OP
P

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian, can you get me some more information about it, I know I have seen it referenced before, but I can't find it. Do you know which club (I am thinking Ohio) and what month they have it.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you talking about the Combined Car Show on July 18th and 19th, that sounds like a pretty big show, I can add it to the schedule, and see how much interest we can spark, I am looking to try and include events from all parts of the Region since we are spread out so far. Thanks again

Yes Sir, that is the one. PittsburghRT and I have gone before, as well as a few other local vipers in the Pittsburgh area a few years ago. It would be close for Brian too.

Another great event is the Viper Play Day at BeaverRun Raceway Park. It is a great event put on by the Ohio VCA that draws a good number of PA vipers. BeaveRun is located just north of Pittsburgh. It gives everyone from first time beginners to full time track rats a chance to safely drive there cars around a road coarse. There is usually a comp coupe there as well. For those that don't want to track, there are always viper just hanging out as well. I can try to find out the date for this if interested.

OP
OP
P

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, let me know the date for that as well, the comp coupe that is there is probably Frank Barba

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, let me know the date for that as well, the comp coupe that is there is probably Frank Barba

One of the instructors is Jim Stout, he had his Coastal Pet Products Comp. Coupe there last year. His wife Kathy also instructs and has her racing neon's present.

Two years ago, Jim would take your around in his race preped GTS as well, WHAT A BLAST THAT IS.

I'll keep an eye out on the Ohio VCA schedule and get you a date.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian, can you get me some more information about it, I know I have seen it referenced before, but I can't find it. Do you know which club (I am thinking Ohio) and what month they have it.

Sorry for the delay Carmen. Yes, I think it was Ohio we joined forces with. I believe Rege & Donna may know more about it. We can discuss at the ATH party.