Paint job on my 2005 SRT-10

Wolf Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took my car in for 3000mile service. Besides getting all the fluid changed I found small spider cracks in my paint around the air intake and hood latch. Dealer is repairing and repainting the hood. Then I found that the Convertible top fabric was wrinkled at the driver’s side near the window and I had trouble closing the door with my window up. Dealer is installing a new Top and frame. My other concern is the whining sound from the differential on decelerating from above 50mph. Dealer can’t find anything wrong with that. The other thing what freaked me out driving to Miami, doing about 130mph I slowed down and shifted into 5th gear and for about 4 second I heard this rumbling sound like having bad wheel bearings. I tried to duplicate this noise again but I couldn’t I think time will tell if there is a problem or not. I will post some pictures from the new paint job when I get my car back next week.
Wolf

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good for you for getting the dealer to take care of these problems. It sounds like you have a good dealer. What color is the viper? :2tu:

Volltage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like the rear end is about to go. Mine made the same sounds and then 100 miles later it was shot. They pulled out the whole differential and replaced it took about 2 weeks. Hope all goes well on everything else.

OP
OP
W

Wolf Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you, I have to go back to Miami next week and I will drive the S$$T out of it and see if it will hold up.
thank's
wolf

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang