Paint protection announcement

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone! If you’re looking to protect your paint from chipping, please read on.

After seeing what happened to my rocker panels on my 2008 only after 2,500 miles of driving, I was convinced protective film was a must. I have performed a great deal of research on the films that are available and found the best films are Clearmask, Ventureshield, and XPEL.

Now here’s the scoop:

Thom Pettigrew from HTP Autoworks (based in California) will be traveling in our area around the week of March 8 installing these films. He is making house calls and will be at my place around March 8th. He can install the film on your front facia, hood (partial or full), fenders, rocker panels, or any combination thereof.

If there is anyone else that may be interested in having the film installed on their car, now would be the perfect time. Not to mention, your car never has to leave the garage!!!

I have absolutely nothing in this. I just thought this was a major convenience to have someone experienced in the area and wanted to pass along. I had a really tough time locating a reputable installer in my area.

Have a look at his website. He is a Viper owner and has done many Vipers in the past:

http://htpautoworks.com/index.html

His VCA forum name is texas_venom if you would like to contact him that way.

His prices also seem very reasonable.

Brian

Nowayforya

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good choice! I have seen Thom’s (HTP Autoworks) work before. He does an excellent job. Several of my friends have used him and were very pleased with his work.
I believe the quality of the paint protection film he uses is the best out there.
Not sure about roads in your area but if there like the ones in our area, lots of chip set and gravel. ******* paint!
I would highly recommend that anyone interested in getting their Viper done get a full install. Besides the inherent rocker panel issue, the front bumper, hood and mirrors all take a beating, at least down here anyway. It sure protects your investment.
:2tu:

OP
OP
B

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's scheduled to be at my place on the 18th. I'll let you know how it goes. SuperBird, are you getting the facia, sills, and behind the rear tires?

Hayabusa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can y'all give me a ballpark expense I could expect to incur with whatever packages you're getting? PM would be cool if outright posting is not. Also, would NW New Jersey near the Delaware Water Gap be "in the area"?

Thanks in advance and for posting. My new '08 went into hibernation with less than 300 miles on her. Now would be great for this work. Having it done at home would be even better!

Best, Rob :usa:

Hayabusa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys!!! Spoke with Thom last night and he is scheduled to do my car.

Thom is ordering supplies for this trip Thursday. Anyone interested will need to contact him by Wed night. From the number of posts looking for area experts for this work I suspect there are many who'd take advantange of this opportunity. Hope you see this thread.

Many, many thanks to Brian GTS and Superbird4404bbl for posting and PM's!!!
Rob

01ACR/VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The weather is great here in central florida.:D When can I expect him to be in this area?:dunno::D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc