Paint protector film

G

Gotvenom 08

Just had my 08 covered in a clear bra by Moto-FX (aka.. The Plastic Surgeons).Tim Kirlin and his son Rich did a great job putting it on.I recommend them highly.They are based in the Chicago area, but drove to my house to install it.

I had what is called the race wrap installation , which consists of hood, fenders mirrors, extended front bumper,R&L side door sill,R&Lrocker panels,inside of rear tires, and behind rear tires on lower bottom rear quarter panel.

His #630 669 7033
E-mail [email protected]

I would post pics but it is almost invisible :)

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Is there any concern with putting the film on fresh paint? Your panels have probably been painted for a while so it might not be much of an issue. What type of film did they use, how much of the hood did they cover, and what was an approximate cost?

OP
OP
G

Gotvenom 08

The product is called venture ultra shield.He charged me 1200 dollars.He did about 12 inches up the hood, and the first louver flat.It is pre cut from a pattern and it fits nicely.I drove it today and front was covered in bugs and grime, used a can of plexus and it came out sparkling clean.

He will do them all if you so request.Fresh paint, I really don't want to say seeing that I am not an expert.I recommend calling him and asking him your questions and concerns.He will be more than happy to answer them.

Hope this helps.

Tim

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much of the rocker panel was covered? Will heating of that area from the exhaust cause problems? Contemplating install so any information with respect to do's and dont's would be appreciated.

OP
OP
G

Gotvenom 08

How much of the rocker panel was covered? Will heating of that area from the exhaust cause problems? Contemplating install so any information with respect to do's and dont's would be appreciated.

I would recommend calling Tim.He will answer all your concerns and questions.He does alot of high end cars, so he has experience in all areas of concern about heat issues, durablity.etc....

Phone#630 669 7033

fixumm

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had some other company do my 08 and they messed it up BIG time:crazy2: they have done all of my cars in the past.He told me they could not go over the stripes after they finished it and wanted ther money:mad:So i called Tim and he pulled that crap off and put his on. What a Fine job he did today so from now on i will use him....

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Gotvenom 08

Glad to hear every thing worked out for you.Another memember is also contacting Tim to have the film put on his new 08.