Painted side emblems

Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anybody ever tried painting their side emblems to create a better contrast? If so, what were the results and any paint suggestions?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A better contrast? I've always thought that the factory chrome on red was pretty contrasting.

Maybe I should paint them on tho like you say. Anybody suggest a color for me? :rolaugh:

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had my side and rear emblems painted on both of the vipers I have owned. I used a chrome allusion type of paint (gold/silver).

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea , can paint em, but usually before u install em.. did the "srt 10" in red

PICT0099.JPG

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A better contrast? I've always thought that the factory chrome on red was pretty contrasting.

Maybe I should paint them on tho like you say. Anybody suggest a color for me? :rolaugh:

I don't think they came from the factory chrome...at least not on any red cars I've seen. Are you talking about the hood emblems (vs the side)? The side emblems on my silver car are brushed but not chrome. I think all the "chrome" is that cheap acrylic stuff like R&J Distributing sells.

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Had mine painted silver to match the stripes.

Guy did it freehand and did not remove decals.

Came out super.

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did mine in black with red pearl:

SNC16900.JPG

SNC16898.JPG

I had them on the car for a few months and they looked really good. However, the body shop that recently painted my stripes pulled all the logos off. I think my car looks better without the logos now. :cool:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think they came from the factory chrome...at least not on any red cars I've seen. Are you talking about the hood emblems (vs the side)? The side emblems on my silver car are brushed but not chrome. I think all the "chrome" is that cheap acrylic stuff like R&J Distributing sells.

220... 221...

They are factory and whether the shine is chrome or brushed, I've never had anyone ask what kind of car it is when looking at the side of the hood.

Eeeeeeeeeeeasy to see.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had mine painted silver to match the stripes.

Guy did it freehand and did not remove decals.

Came out super.

Yes George, that is exactly what I'm talking about. My red GTS has silver stripes and I was thinking of painting the side decals silver to match. What paint did your guy use? Did he use masking tape (maybe he had a steady hand)?