painting center console

JST2CRZY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the console out of my 96 gts and am debating on painting, dyeing, or having it covered. It seems that covering would be the most durable albeit the most costly.
I just wanted to inquire what others have done and thoughts on these options. Did you diy or have a shop do it?
Thanks.

Last edited:

kenphjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can have it covered with leather or vinyl-Some guys have their door panels console and seats all recovered in leather-expensive option-local shop could do vinyl for less

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cover it... Dave is right, how would you dye black any different color with out it bleeding through.

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would cover it in black alcantara. Would be very comfy on the elbow. I have considered buying a cracked one and covering it to keep my original nice.

Reaction score
Looking to make it more comfortable? Repairing it? Curious what the intent is, as they are still available brand new from Mopar (just added them to our site).

OP
OP
J

JST2CRZY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is faded and scuffed. Should have mentioned initially, if I decide to dye, it would be the same factory color so bleed through should not be an issue.

AndyMac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can use "Dupli-color High Performance Vinyl and Fabrick Paint" in rattle can form. Worst case you just cover it after, but my interior has seen 2 seasons and hasn't needed a touch up. I went from brown to black though. I also stripped my dash and shifter surround and painted them too.

You must be registered for see images attach

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While not cheap, ever think of getting a Carbon Fiber one? I have one and love it.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The CF ones look fabulous but they are 4-figs from the sources I've seen. Maybe by now the price has come down to approachable levels.....or maybe not ;-)

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the console from Disturbed. It fit perfect and looks great. I posted some pics on this forum of an installation of Gen 4 seats into a Gen 2, the console shows up in those posts.

Disturbed @ VA has his for $600 I think.

Last edited:

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Had My Local Interior Guy Cover My Console & Also The Bottom of the Doors (To Me it Made A World of Difference). jmo!

Attachments

• DSC00818.jpg
    DSC00818.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC00102.jpg
    DSC00102.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 57

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks great with the doors covered! I would probably have left the console alone, or changed the emergency brake handle and boot to black and tie it together. Those pics make me really like the tan interior if I could swap the carpet, steering wheel, and bottom of the doors to black.