Part numbers for Speedbleeders, 2001 GTS

SoCal Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, sorry but I couldn't find the info using Search.

What are the correct part numbers for the Speedbleeders for a 2001 GTS (stock brakes?). SB1010S (same as Porsche)? Same bleeders front and rear? 4 front, 2 rear?

Thanks

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score
just curious as to why you want speedbleeders over the motive powerbleeder?

OP
OP
S

SoCal Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just curious as to why you want speedbleeders over the motive powerbleeder?

I have the Motive Power Bleeder (MPB). I've used it on the Honda and Porsche. It's easy on the Porsche because they make a specific cap to fit the resevoir. However, on the Honda and Viper you have to use this silly universal "clamp-on" cap that often leaks unless you get it tightened just right.

The MPB works fine for flushing (changing) fluid, but for quick bleeds at the track I think the Speedbleeders are easier.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, sorry but I couldn't find the info using Search.

What are the correct part numbers for the Speedbleeders for a 2001 GTS (stock brakes?). SB1010S (same as Porsche)? Same bleeders front and rear? 4 front, 2 rear?

Thanks

I'm pretty sure it is the SB1010S, a total of 6 (4 front, 2 rear), same for front and rear, and the part # is the same for all Vipers when I called them (but confirm with them on the phone as I ordered for a 98, vs. your ABS 01).

As a side note, one of my rubber caps from them came off at some point in time, so I called about a replacement and an extra, and instead they sent me 4 rubber caps (free of charge)! Good customer service!

OP
OP
S

SoCal Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it is the SB1010S, a total of 6 (4 front, 2 rear), same for front and rear, and the part # is the same for all Vipers when I called them (but confirm with them on the phone as I ordered for a 98, vs. your ABS 01).

As a side note, one of my rubber caps from them came off at some point in time, so I called about a replacement and an extra, and instead they sent me 4 rubber caps (free of charge)! Good customer service!

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I was on the phone with them this morning. They weren't sure if the pre-ABS brakes were different. Their charts didn't show the newer ABS equipped cars. I'm supposed to call them back once I find out.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I was on the phone with them this morning. They weren't sure if the pre-ABS brakes were different. Their charts didn't show the newer ABS equipped cars. I'm supposed to call them back once I find out.

[/QUOTE]

Ugh, that's annoying when they don't know, but at least they didn't BS you. Might help to make a more generalized post, asking if the bleeders for ABS cars are the same as for non ABS cars (i.e., lots of people might not look at the speedbleeders post specifically).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960