Partsrack customer service rude.

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would do business with him, if I could buy something from him. I will do business with him when I need something that he has. So far for my car, I have bought stuff that he doesn't supply (VEC2, side sill insulation, etc.). When I need/want something that he sells, I will buy from him. Why? Because the price is right. I don't let little stuff like whether he is rude or not bother me, like some of you people. When I buy my headers, I will see what he can do.

Good for you. When you can buy something, I'm sure your business will be appriciated.

Maybe he was rude to you, maybe not. Was it intentional? I don't know (or care). All I know is that he has good deals, and that is what I care about.

I already stated that I have no complaints and I'm not taking sides (I thought I made that pretty clear here).
I also stated that some people buy on price alone. Good for you, that's your choice.

Life is too short to go around with your ******* in a bunch, just because someone didn't kiss your ass on the telephone, while you were trying to save a few bucks on Viper parts, which you most likely don't even need.

:rolleyes: Like you know what everyone needs. Too funny!

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
GOTAVIPER I was wondering how old you are. I see that a few posts have made claim that you are young and I just wanted to see what young was.

Thanks

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey hey hey now guys age has nothing to do with it (yes im only saying that because im 21 lol)

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon, I've got an idea. Why don't you open PartsRack Supreme, staff it with very polite people who will answer the phone, massage everyone's ego and then charge them 20% over your prices for the same parts you would sell them. That way people will have a choice: they can pay extra for all the extra perks that Viper owners deserve, or they can just get the parts they want for the best prices around. Downside is that those that choose to pay extra will have to live without the wealth of Viper knowledge they would get from dealing diretly with you....

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ill have a RUDE SALE.

HOT DOG......does that mean that I can get that Corsa and hi-flo cats package we discussed CHEAPER now?

ROTFLOL!!!!

Talk to you soon Jon!

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to lay it out to all of you who don't get it. Jon B has been in this business a long time. Like, a really long time. As close knit as the Viper community is, he's built up a great base of customers who don't care about how nice or rude that he is. All they want is the product, shipped and in their hands for a fair price. He tends to deliver on that more often than not, so he's still in business; it's pretty simple, really. And his business model is one that obviously supports his methods; in the long-run, Jon B doesn't need those 10% of tire-kicker, not ready to buy today customers, so he doesn't cater to them like he would someone with their wallet open right then and there. It's just an easy cost/benefit profile here.

If it was me, I would give even the tire-kickers as much attention as they need. That's what separates the really good salespeople from the really great ones. That's why you always hear, "Boy, Heffner talked to me for 20 minutes just because I had some questions about turbo systems in general. He helped me decide what tuner was right for me, even though I wasn't buying specifically from him that day. But damn, I'm impressed with his service and would probably purchase from him on a later date." Personally, I would want to go from that 90% level of service to 100%, but that's just me. But Jon B has certainly got a winning formula for serious buyers with cash-in-hand.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>> All they want is the product, shipped and in their hands for a fair price. He tends to deliver on that more often than not, so he's still in business; it's pretty simple, really.<<<

Wrong.
I ordered.
I got a confirmation.
Nothing happened.
I (!) had to contact him.
He told me that he will not ship to Europe.
May be, if I am an "old" customer.
I told him: I am an old customer.
He did not send me the parts I got a confirmation for.
*** END OF THE STORY ***

No whining. No business.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Life is too short to go around with your ******* in a bunch, just because someone didn't kiss your ass on the telephone, while you were trying to save a few bucks on Viper parts, which you most likely don't even need.

My point is that you are buying Viper parts, which is not an important event. If someone's got the time to whine about "oh no, I went to buy parts for my Viper and the man on the phone was rude to me" then well, your problems are nothing compared to some people. If you guys freak out this much because some guy on the phone didn't kiss your ass, what happens when you have a real problem? Your head would probably explode if you left a dollar bill in your pant on laundry day and it got destroyed.

Take it easy.

GotA350ZTT

Viper Owner
Reaction score

My point is that you are buying Viper parts, which is not an important event. If someone's got the time to whine about "oh no, I went to buy parts for my Viper and the man on the phone was rude to me" then well, your problems are nothing compared to some people. If you guys freak out this much because some guy on the phone didn't kiss your ass, what happens when you have a real problem? Your head would probably explode if you left a dollar bill in your pant on laundry day and it got destroyed.

Take it easy.

I think the fact is that somebody had a bad experience with an company that provides their business here. I would think that most people expect, or hope, that contacting a business, essentially offering their money, that they would recieve a certain level of customer service. As GotAViper said, I'd rather have a response with some professionalism that I can do something about a few days later, than a rude response that doesn't do anything for me that day.

This is a forum, it allows you to voice your opinion. If you're that concerned about people being upset due to bad customer service, then I suggest maybe not reading these posts.

I think if anything, posts like this help a business realize their flaws (or back themselves up if the customer is wrong). While I do believe a customer should first deal with the business first before posting publicly.

But just as some people would post their praises for a particular business which they felt treated them right, they should be able to post their gripes as well.

King RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Usually by now Jon says he will try better and give you something free.

He will not change but his good qualities seem to override any faults and keep customers. I am just not one of them. (dont need anything free).

Chuck Tator is the best guy all round. My orders with him have been very small items, multiple times. But I am looking forward to giving him my business to make up for it. Hope to send others his direction.
Small gestures do lead to a lifetime of good will in a business.

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Take it easy.

My point is, your point is pointless!

Now go take your blood pressure pills before this turns into a pointless thread K! :2tu:

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny,

One vendor has this topic come up often, and has to justify the level customer service.

Other vendors never have the need to explain.

This has come up many many times. One would think that there would be a lesson here.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny,

One vendor has this topic come up often, and has to justify the level customer service.

Other vendors never have the need to explain.

This has come up many many times. One would think that there would be a lesson here.

GREAT POST!! I have bought from Jon B and he has even gotten short when he called back and I found some of the parts cheaper elsewhere. Because of that he is not my first call, yes I would rather give my business to Paul Scharf, Chuck Tator, Jason Heffner, ect.. as they all take the time to talk instead of ramming a sale down my throat.

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gotta tell ya' Jon...I am pretty damn disappointed in you. All this time I thought you were being rude to me because you live out in the sticks and are still on dialup...but now I find out that your rudeness to me was planned. You stay up late at nite thinking of ways to piss me off so that I take my business to someone with DSL and indoor plumbing.

Well...not working...I like being pushed around (I'm the co-dependant one in the relationship) and abused...just keep giving me great prices, weekend service and two-day turnarounds and I'll remain your Huckleberry.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
4) FACT: One 'constant complainer' above drizzled crocodile tears all over me while I wrote and re-wrote his elaborate (and free) "diminished value" appraisal to yield him THOU$AND$ vs his insurance. His last $350 order he complimented the $50 discount I volunteered, that he did not even ask for. Now he is Anti-JonB due to some disagreement. I eventually joined a short list of vendors who don't want or need his unreasonable business anyway.

Respectfully, JonB

HEY !! I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK !! lol..

In case you folks didn’t know Jon B is talking about, its me. So couple of things:

1. I wouldn’t say I am a constant complainer, but maybe I am, who knows. But when it comes to speaking out about Jon B so others know what to expect, I have no problem doing it.
2. Yep, Jon B did help me with a Dimished Value claim, although it was not for/to my insurance company, and the insurance company I did send it to denied its value, but I was pretty sure it helped, so I posted a nice "thank you to Jon B for getting me some more money" post on here. (I would think that precludes me from being a constant complainer, since I have praised you before, actually a couple of times)
3. The last order for $50 discount was a product I picked up from the distributor right here in my home town, but we used you to document the transaction, so yeah, it was expected, since it was some simple paper pushing, and you knew from other transactions, I like to negotiate. But again, I thanked you (contrary to constant complainer label).
4. The final straw that pissed me off, that converted me to a "Jon B complainer" was this post, where Jon stepped right into to help me with a problem I was having... oh no that’s right, he was being a [******]: http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=507619&Forum=All_Forums&Words=4596&Match=Username&Searchpage=15&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=507619&Search=true#Post507619
5. I of course would like to know this list of venders that no longer will do business with me... wow, new to me, haven’t bumped into a one that I wanted to buy something from that said "nope, Jon, we don’t want your money" that would be a hoot. About all I can think of is PAXTON, because of the documented issues I had with them, and I got my money back due to product failure, but knowing them, they probably would love to sell me another crappy product. So I'll try not to cry over this one, you were rambling.

I chose not to buy from Jon B, and he choses not to sell to Me, sounds like a win win 2 me !!

LOVE

Jon

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fock, can we just make this recurring thread a sticky so we don't go over the same ground every 6 months??!

"JonB treated me like crap"
"No, you are a d*ck who needs his ego massaged"
"Yeah, he's the best, who cares if he's like that? He's been around longer than you"
And twenty other posts of support, including explanations from Jon himself pointing out how the original complainer was a nuisance who deserved it all along.

Does that sum up this and every other (of many) posts on this subject, or am I missing something?

Carleton

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey JonB

How about having two phone lines at your business. One for sales, the other for tech info. That way you could take your sales line as the priority and do call backs on the tech line when your have time. Not much of an expense putting a second line in. This should speed up your business and hopefully keep more people happy.

Carleton

GG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are two sides...... Please suffice to say that WE make our entire living in the VIPER COMMUNITY only, sponsoring, giving back, and TRYING to do right by 98% of our callers. WE have not built this business by being rude...WE do get frazzled on MONDAYS (like today) and can be short with some known time-wasters. But WE reserve the right to withold service from time-wasters, and give it to our valued customers.

1) I quoted this guy tires, wheels, headers, and more earlier....he buys elsewhere and wants me to service that sale. I actually told the Emailer that if the used headers were indeed sold by PartsRack originally as he claimed, the gaskets could be FREE from us! (He did not reply..the offer is open)

2) When callers ask for advise and quotes multiple times and buy NOTHING...WE reserve the right to stop wasting our time away from our true, valued customers, some of whom kindly chimed in above. (I deeply appreciate that.)

3) Anyone who does not have the guts to put their true name in their profile should not earn your belief that they are even legit 'customers'. Shills? Bashing for self-entertainment? (gotaviper is known, thanks.)

4) FACT: One 'constant complainer' above drizzled crocodile tears all over me while I wrote and re-wrote his elaborate (and free) "diminished value" appraisal to yield him THOU$AND$ vs his insurance. His last $350 order he complimented the $50 discount I volunteered, that he did not even ask for. Now he is Anti-JonB due to some disagreement. I eventually joined a short list of vendors who don't want or need his unreasonable business anyway.

5) I have little patience for NON-CUSTOMERS needing free advice so they can be better informed to buy on eBay-of-fencing-operations. WE even invite and DO help our customers and newbees with LOTS of tech support...but not Repeat freeloaders.

6) We appreciate your BUSINESS. We share your Viper passion. WE are ALWAYS an advocate for our customers with the manufacturers. We honestly solve the rare manufacturer-supplier problems that occur. But WE wont kiss backsides, and WE sometimes slowly apply a "fairness" test to ~5% of callers / mailers who repeatedly pick our brains for info and seldom if ever become customers. When the scale tips to one side, NO SOUP FOR YOU is a fair, logical response.

7) But the door is open. Example: I TRULY LIKE CHUCK B (above)and I hope one day he and I can bury his hatchet. I like Chuck's humor and musings, and I enjoyed doing business w/ him. I have no idea what percieved rudeness cost me his patronage a couple years ago. (Because HE can withold business too!) I hope I CAN still help him one day and return to his good graces. Til then, NO SOUP FOR ME.

Respectfully, JonB

I bought a mopar wing from Jon a few years ago, he gave me a great price, arranged for me to be able to pick it up, great transaction!... until he called me out of the blue a few days later accusing me of not paying my bill mistaking me from someone else, like a mafia call! He recanted with a swarmy apology.(I expected a sincere one...did not get it , oh well). The reason I bring it up again...I've never had someone do this to me...ever. Would I still buy from him...yes since he is knowledgeble, local in WA, and does have great deals when he is not getting too greedy on profit margin. I find one thing remarkable in Jon's statement above, he uses "WE" more than a half dozen times. If there indeed was a "WE" at Partsrack this thread would not exist...Gary

Ricksnake1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yawn...........ok now that we have three (3) pages on this can we talk about more important topics. Such as, is a medium bigger than a regular?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Truth About JonB

My experience with JonB is that he is extraordinarily and quickly helpful. Two examples:

1. When I called JonB and told him that I wanted to purchase a particular short throw shift mechanism and needed it ASAP, JonB told me to hang on a second while he called the manufacturer on the other line. He arranged for them to overnight the part to me for next day delivery. It was pretty late in the day. I considered the event a small miracle.

2. When a problem arose this year with the Corsa cat-back I purchased from Jon in the fall of 2002, I called him. He immediately three wayed in Corsa while I was on the telephone line to facilitate the warranty coverage evaluation, etc. He also helped to arrange the logistics of the return procedure to Corsa.( By the way, Corsa was very professional and courteous. They are a first rate organization.)( I previously posted about this matter.)

The bottom line is that Jon has excellent and long standing relationships with just about every body in the Viper manufacturing and vending community who is of any importance. When Jon calls, they listen to him. If he gets a little short sometimes because, at the moment, he is playing the part of a one armed house painter who only has two fingers, try to understand. Before Jon sold Viper parts, he was a one armed, two fingered house painter. The picture of him on the web site of PartsRack is Photoshopped.

Travis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When i first purchased my Viper, i called him asking some specific questions and although he was helpful he also had a certian amount of [******]/arrogance to him. I've done buisness with many vendors with many diffrent types of vehicles and had always gotten the same level of help w/o the unneccesary attitude. If i had to do it all over again i could of called Chuck Tator first, no questions asked.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've only used Partsrack a few times when buying a full exhaust system and some bargain tires, got great service and good prices, thanks JonB

I do know Jon lost out on a big $25K plus order last year, when putting one of our club members who was after lots of performance parts on hold to many times

Not that i order many parts, more recently a few of my small parts orders have gone to Dan Cragin, The Wizard for new bits and Paul Scharf for used, who have all given a faultless service :2tu:

V

vegasviper

I remember when i called a few years ago to buy T&D rockers, the guy would not sell them to me because he thought i was his competition trying to get prices

I did buy them from Sean Roe on the same day.

houstonT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have tried so very hard not to post on this thread but just can't contain myself. While I don't have as detailed a saga as many of you, I too will NEVER buy anything from JonB. He treated me like a piece of [******] and wouldn't quote me a price on a set of wheels I was getting pricing for. He too thought I was trying to see if he could "out bid" another price. In the end, it seems like i'm just another "would be" customer...
Peter Blach <--- not scared to post his name

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my short, polite, "sorry, no thanks" to his mail with yet ANOTHER quote (not an order) for gasket options was the best I could do.

I think most agree that "sorry, no thanks" is not "polite".... If you're so busy on a Monday with the 150 emails and 20 messages, why even bother with a rude response...... why not wait a while untill you have the time? or not respond at all....

you would have avoided having close to 2,000 people read up on the 50/50 mix of JonB likers vs not....

no matter how you look at it, potential new customers reading this thread wouldn't come away with an overwhelming positive opinion of PartsRack.....

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon B is a wealth of knowledge, and praise him fully great service. 0 problems whatsoever...Sean Roe will not give up until he fixes your problems with VEC2 cards, I thought he would give up mailing me cards back and forth after 5 times of telephone tuning..Great service too. And for CHUCK TATOR...F@ck THE WIZARD... HE IS THE VIPER GOD OF ALL TIME...AL>....

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon B is a wealth of knowledge, and praise him fully great service. 0 problems whatsoever...Sean Roe will not give up until he fixes your problems with VEC2 cards, I thought he would give up mailing me cards back and forth after 5 times of telephone tuning..Great service too. And for CHUCK TATOR...F@ck THE WIZARD... HE IS THE VIPER GOD OF ALL TIME...AL>....

well said and I could NOT agree more

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
News Bulletin: "Due to an unpredicted massive upswing in free advertising, Partsrack, Inc. has reported record sales over the last week. Partrack CEO, Jon. B. reportedly has retired to Tahiti. While getting ready to board his new Lear Jet, Mr. B. said, "thanks to all those loyal customers , and particularly to those who carped on the national website-you can't buy that kind of advertising. And, as always, I would like to tell my customers: screw you, I am on the other line-wait your freakin turn". With that, Mr. B. departed to Tahiti and with him, the most useful Viper information contained in one brain anywhere in the world. The first day after his departure, there were record hits on e-bay for Viper parts with few sales.................

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21