PartsRack has been SOLD !

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well, folks, here goes.......

Dan Vargas, the founder and owner of PartsRack is an extreme Viper enthusiast indeed. He hired me for many of the same traits. Suffice to say when he told me he had decided to SELL his baby, I was stunned.

Lucky for me, the NEW owner is likley to maintain the momentum, the service, and the inventory levels into the future.

That new owner is,

ME ! Jon Brobst, aka JonB......... [ I was told recently that some of you know Jon Brobst, some of you know JonB, but a few were stunned to find out that both of those guys are ME !

So, as much as I appreciated your support before, I REALLY appreciate it now! THANK YOU ALL for making it an easy decision on my part......

Dan is switching hats to focus 101% on his insurance/financial consulting business. He is staying on our development team, remains Chairman of "Dream Rides" for Make-A-Wish Foundation, and a trusted advisor and friend.

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT size="5">CONGRATULATIONS JON!!!!!!!!!</FONT s>
As far as I was concerned, you are Parts Rack!!!!
May I be one of the first to wish you continued success!

Best of Luck
Fast Eddie

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As for your new boss...... Don't worry at all. I know him well and he's a great guy! He almost knows as much about Vipers as you do, so you'll be in good hands.

Will you keep the current location? I think I could find room in my warehouse if you need it?
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WAY TO GO JONB!!

Jon, can you tell me a little about the "Dream Rides"...I would love to make a kids day (other than all the kids in my neighbourhood...

Tomer
96 RT/10
Northern California

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Jon. I hope you make the most of it. Owning your own business takes 150%. I'm sure you will give it your all. I look forward to purchasing something from you soon.

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations JON B. and the first thing I'd do under that new management is march your *ss right in to the boss and demand a raise!!!

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way to GO, JonB!!! Everyone should be in business for themselves at least once, with your knowledge and integrity you will no doubt be successful! Get a copy of the book, The E-Myth by Michael Gerber, a must read for you now!
cool.gif

Dion Fisher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow that's really cool Jon, I can feel your excitement in your post i'm VERY happy for you AND Dan..

I remember talking to Dan on June 9th 2000 and suggesting
you as his GM for the Parts Rack over a beer at his place due to your involvement and knowledge base, who would have known
smile.gif

Bet you're wondering how the heck I could remember the date?? It was the day after my "scrape" with disaster at PIR..

bounce.gif
Good luck Jon B!!
bounce.gif

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations Jon and best of luck with the "new" venture.

By the way, I'd love to get involved with the "dream ride" program. Do you need any help in the New York City area?

Scott

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CONGRATULATIONS: The year matters!!And, in 01 the kid in the candy store becomes CEO of the store. Great news! I already feel the urge to buy something. Good luck and much success.tmb ps--now get that website going!!

Leonard Knight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations Jon. Good luck with the business and I know you will continue to get the full support of the viper community because of your service, dedication, knowledge, and of course prices.

Let's all order something!

Leonard

Bobby Likis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations, Jon! I know you must feel extremely proud to take over the company you helped build. I appreciated your personal service recently when I bought a few items from you and fully intend to continue doing business with you. YOU GO!

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats.. I am sure that you will undoubtedly make the enterprise the best source there is.. for the viper stuff..
smile.gif

Charlie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Jon
I"m happy to hear that you were able to keep the NO.1 Sales associate on the team
smile.gif

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great article you wrote "The Year Matters" in VIPER magazine. Your Viper expertise is evident.

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking how much information I gained and money I saved by reading and archiving JonB's posts from 97 on when I got serious about buying a Viper and modifying it. Though I lost my ride last year I still follow the board and Jon's posts so that when I get into my next ride I will be equally well prepared. Congrats Jon, anything that ties you deeper into the Viper business benefits the Viper nation at large. Unmatched knowledge, unequalled willingness to help owners and prospective owners alike combine for the impeccable credentials of JonB.

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There cannot be a better owner for the company....Congrats Jon! Looking forward to the continueing service and dedication.

Vipergtsbob

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Rockefeller, Bill Gates,Lutz,Edison,now Brobst is added to the list of entreprenuers who started or developed companies that became legends. How long before Parts Rack is targeted for anti trust BS due to it's market ********** by being the best **** Viper parts company in our little universe?
Kidding aside, Best of Luck Jon. Your many hours of patient advice to we thick heads can only be repaid by giving you the business you so richly deserve.
Bob Carroll