Paul's Spiderman GTS -- PICS!

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul\'s Spiderman GTS -- PICS!

I went to pauls house today to see his new Spiderman Viper that he won from cingular wireless. VERY nice! Paul is a great guy too.... here are some pics...

You must be registered for see images

We took a quick ride in it... Gen2s ROCK.

MM

OP
OP
M

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Paul\'s Spiderman GTS -- PICS!

MM

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sweet!
but what to do with it now?
sell it to a huge spiderman fan for $150k???
or keep it?

Definitely a sweet car.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"IF" I had've won it, it would be for sale and I would be out hunting for a solid yellow GTS, It must be a tease having a car that you know probably shouldn't be driven or one that you don't want to.

I dunno, congrats again paul, I still can't beleive that someone in the VCA won the ting
supergrin.gif

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jmandela, dunno, still tryin to figure out what to do with it. It is cefinitely not a car I want to drive a whole lot. If anyone knows of a Spiderman collector that would be interested have them call me or email me. What do you guys think I should do?

Madmaxx, thanks for the pics bud, we had to clean out the garage, including the boat and motorcycle, to get the new car in there. James glad you could get down here this weekend, thanks again.

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score

97 --- it's not that I'm not happy with the car, I am extremely excited about the car, I promise you, but look at it this way, I already have a viper to drive and it is older and got more scratches, miles, etc... so, I really don't need another one that I will be paranoid about, it is supposed to be a $10,000 dollar paint job, and I don't want to scratch it and make it lose any value, and I don't want to drive it and put 20,000 miles on it in the next year and again make it lose value. Pleasse don't get me wrong I love the car and appreciate it very much and I may hold on to it, but I don't want to hurt it...so hopefully you don't think I am not happy with the car, if that's what you think you definitely have the wrong impression of me
smile.gif
smile.gif

Foowowee

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congratulations Paul, you are one lucky guy! What I want to know is, who won the other one? Weren't there supposed to be two?

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Fooowoweee, yes there were two of the Spidermen Vipers, but I don't know who the otehr person is. I here that the other car is a little bit different from the one i have. It was given away by Cingualr Wireless too on the same day, in Mississippi, If anyone knows the other owner I would love to get in contact with him or her and trade some pics, thanks, Paul.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I did find out the other car went to a gentleman in Okolona, MS.
The paper said he was also a star college football player.
I think this thing was rigged. J/K. Enjoy the car. You only go around once.

Tom86ZT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Paul,
What year Z in the backround, 87-89? And I can't see the trim to tell if turbo or not. Anything done to it as well. I noticed your RT 10 plate is not a Z, is that due to this Z?

Tom

1986 300ZX Turbo about ot start that engine build.

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tom, that's an 87, I absolutely love that car. It now has 265,000 miles on it and still runnin strong. About the only major thing we have had to do is rebuild the tranny, but it ahs been a great car. I wish it was a turbo, but it's not, which is a good thing, bc with 265,000 turbos would have had to been replaced a long time ago. Great car though, she was my first, and I still love to drive her.
laugh.gif
But she is bone stock.

striker79

Enthusiast
Reaction score

did they offer you a cash value instead of the car or give you a value of the car

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No other options, only the car, as if that wasn't a great option!!!!!!

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Any word on what the IRS has to say about this little win?

OP
OP
M

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah...

To: Paul
Date: 08/12/02
Subject: Contest Winnings

"Bend Over"

The IRS

laugh.gif

MM

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Paul,
I would go to the source.
Meaning I think spiderman was made by Marvel comic?? Not sure.
Anyhow, find out which company makes spidey. Then get the corporate headquarter tel and call them.
I am sure a upper level management person from that company would be thrilled to have a car modeled after something they "make".

Or try a high brow auction house.
Maybe a "rich and famous" collector will offer you the right amount.

My guess is being a 1 of 1 it is worth at least $150K

good luck
JIM

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Put it up on ebay...run the 10 day auction...set a high high reserve...$150K...see what happens...? Couldn't hurt...only cost $40 to list a vehicle on ebay...

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

As usual MM your talent for stateing the obvious shines through...
rolleyes.gif

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Snake Bitten:
Put it up on ebay...run the 10 day auction...set a high high reserve...$150K...see what happens...? Couldn't hurt...only cost $40 to list a vehicle on ebay...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wouldn't you have to pay the .5% on the reserve price even if it doesn't sell? (Summery: wouldn't that still cost a lot of $?)

COOLASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Shouldn't you have to ware the Spiderman outfit to drive the car
laugh.gif
Just kidding, congrats on the win the car is reallly cool
cool.gif

OP
OP
M

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah bonk, and your a friggin poet
rolleyes.gif

The car is killer, but not worth 150K. It was not a special dodge vehicle, rather one used in a promotion. They unusually don't hold tons of value... since there is no special vin sequence or anything setting the car apart other than it's paint.

He might find a ******** movie buff with cash to buy it...but not for 150K.

See Remster for details on this
wink.gif

MM

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't know about the taxes yet, I'm still trying to figure out what the taxes will cover and how much I will have to pay. Soo...but I am pretty dam sure it will be fun to see what they get me with.
Jmandela that is a good idea I should contact them and atleast see what they say about the car, I'll give that a shot.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Okay maybe not $150k but the ******** spiderman fan out there
with cash would die to have it. And pay big bucks to have the ultimate collector's item.

good luck
JIM

OP
OP
M

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would pay 90 for it easy... thats killer paint! A must see upclose deal.

MM

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Expect taxes around $27,000-35,000 when all is said and done. I think the upfront taxes are around 12,000 to start, but the back-end ones will depend on your current tax bracket. There are great financial planners that can help you get around some of this. Good luck, and what a great looking car. BTW, be careful of the sale because that could wind up hitting you harder on the taxable income?

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Paul, SELL THE CAR!, It will never be worth more than it is today! Think about the taxes, look at Steve Fergusons post, that is what it will cost you to put this car on the street. Put it this way, this is a windfall for you and your family, imagine if it was a....pick the car you hate the most...maybe a Yugo or something.... with that incredible paint job, and for a SHORT TIME this car was worth a TON of money to somebody who has more money than brains and MUST have the latest thing on the block. Scpre a big financial win for your family and sell it. You already have a Viper you love. Hey, think about taking the profits and supercharging YOUR car. I don't mean to sound preachy but I can tell from your posts that....
1. You love the car you have.
2. You are going to be afraid to drive this car due to it's collectivity/value/investment interest.
3. Taxes are a problem

I just recently went through this situation with "an investment grade car" I decided it ain't worth it to drive around regularly, too worrisome. As someone who has been somewhat in your situation here is my bottom line advice.

PUT THE CAR ON AUTOTRADER.COM My car sold within 24 hrs, I could have sold 10 of them. No one had any problem with the price, the car was picked up with a certified check within 24 hours of it being listed. Oh, the only mistake I made was I should have set the price higher.