Paxton and Brake failure

Xhlr8n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone heard of the paxton kit being responsible for power brake booster assembly failure, some factory check valve that the kit ties into thats not designed to handle the boost? (like 6lbs of boost is alot)

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone heard of the paxton kit being responsible for power brake booster assembly failure, some factory check valve that the kit ties into thats not designed to handle the boost? (like 6lbs of boost is alot)

Could you pleasae provide the source for the above statement. There are more than two hundred Paxton kits installed on SRTs and if there was such a problem, I think that we would have heard about it by now. I am curious as to how what appears to be an anti Paxton rumor got started. Thank you in advance for your reply.

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brake booster failure will not cause mechanical brake failure. The assist will be gone, but the brakes can still be applied using much greater pressure from your foot. John

Reaction score
We have installed LOTS of the Paxton products and have never had any issues with the braking system. If this was a problem the hoses would be blowing off or bursting first. Not a credable rumor in my opinion.

OP
OP
X

Xhlr8n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i will bob,

im still trying to get this resolved with D/C and dealer first.

it is my vehicle that im talking about, its not a rumor,

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i will bob,

I'm still trying to get this resolved with D/C and dealer first.

It is my vehicle that I am talking about, it's not a rumor,

Sorry to hear that. You have the stock kit - correct? If so, see if Paxton will give you a letter stating that the allegation is not correct. Dan Cragin or Doug Levin might be able to help you out regarding same since both have an excellent relationship with Paxton. I think that it would benefit all of us if the record is made clear. I would think that Paxton would be interested in immediately and strongly rebutting the dealer's position. It's a matter of confidence and pride in their product.

Good luck.

Bob

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Xhlr8n,

I've not heard of that either. Very unlikely.

I have zip tied or otherwise clamped all of my vacuum hoses due to the possiblity of blow off under boost as a precaution.

I run 10lbs of max boost with no issues and have now for over 20,000 miles.

Something stinks at your dealership's service department.

Dan