Paxton car did 950rwhp today!

oufan2929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My car made 950rwhp today on the dyno. Mods are a fully built motor and greg goode heads and all the supporting mods necessary of course. Made it on 14.5lbs which I was shocked to see the boost get there. We did some tricks in order to acheive max boost and it turned out great! I will get pics and dyno sheet on monday when I make it up to the shop.

Now unfortunately we're having belt slip issues. Anyone have any ideas on best way to fix this issue. I was told a DLM belt tensioner would be the ticket. But then another credible paxton source said they didn't have as good of luck. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!--Andy

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andy - As I recall you have a similar DLM build to ours, including the ten-rib belt and pulley. DLM makes a great tensioner and I believe has since updated it to include another mounting point that keeps the other side (left) of the pulley from "bending" in when taut. That should get you fixed right up. Be sure to post your dyno sheet when you can - sounds awesome!

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you decide to use the tensioner, make sure that it is adjusted properly. If it is too tight, it is my understanding that you can damage the nose bearing on the supercharger and perhaps your alternator. If I recall correctly, Doug may have mentioned this in one of his posts.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
more importantly, dont over tighten the belt, you can break the snout off the crank. trust me, that aint fun