Paxton Cust service?

prevnine11ownr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently had a paxton installed on my 03 (Heffner did the install 3 weeks ago). The kit works great and makes awesome HP ! However, the unit has a small leak (front seal). Jason and I sent the unit back to Paxton (overnite to avoid downtime).. In reality I thought they may send me a new unit because mine is only 3 weeks old. They told me they do not send "new Replacements" out...They fix the prob! Fine... Everytime I call (after holding for 20mins)...I get a different sales person.. Each time I advise them of the hassle to both Jason and I...as well as It being only 3 weeks old. Keep in mind, the overnite expense and labor to pull the unit back off has been picked up by Jason and I. Each time I am suppose to get a call back... Doesn't happen !!! Operating a 2nd generation family business, It just suprises me the lack of customer service that is out there. This kit was not a "Pepboys" special!! This was a $7,000 kit. I just thought I should receive better treatment!

Any idea what I should do? John T. Frye

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Micah at 805-487-3796 ext 266. He follows the SRT version directly. He has been great to me (and yes I have the new air cleaner).

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sent them an email and they quickly responded with a new air box(no questions asked). I agree with GR8, you need to connect with the right person.

Reaction score
Hi John,

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, I know it can be frustrating trying to remedy a problem after spending so much time and money on your kit. Although at the present, it couldn't have happened at the worst time to have an issue with your Paxton system. I'm not certain with whom you are dealing with at Paxton? However, the person you want to handle this problem is out of town till Monday. His name is Micah and he is very knowledgeable and concerned about customer relations.

It is advisable to let the manufacturer inspect your unit and determine the cause of your problem. If it is a product defect, the last thing you want is for them to supply you with another unit with the same problem right off the shelf, and then your back to square one. Let them hand service it and make sure you'll have the proper functioning head unit.

If you contact Micah, or even if you need my assistance, I know you will be very satisfied and back in action in no time!

Best Regards,
Doug Levin

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Paxton *****... they do NOT stand by their customers...

Care to elaborate?

It's well documented on here. I was one of the very first to get my unlucky hands on one of the first paxton kits for the gen 2 viper. It was a misserable experience and outcome. They will never get another dime of mine.

Jon

I was also the first to get a gen 3 kit had it tuned on the dyno with afr #'s and have had 0 problems even at 700+ rwhp. I love paxton.

ps had to call cust service to get a new air box. It was a 5 min call evean though i didn't have my serial # they looked it up for me.

vd..

forced

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John,
I'm sorry for the hassle last week...things were a little crazy around the shop.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug,

Is Micah the still go to guy at Paxton? I am having the same issues as the original poster here and don't want to go through the same aggrevations with the removal, reinstall, removal, reinsatll, and to get a new unit in the end. I would prefer to just get the new unit up front and be done with it........

Hi John,

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, I know it can be frustrating trying to remedy a problem after spending so much time and money on your kit. Although at the present, it couldn't have happened at the worst time to have an issue with your Paxton system. I'm not certain with whom you are dealing with at Paxton? However, the person you want to handle this problem is out of town till Monday. His name is Micah and he is very knowledgeable and concerned about customer relations.

It is advisable to let the manufacturer inspect your unit and determine the cause of your problem. If it is a product defect, the last thing you want is for them to supply you with another unit with the same problem right off the shelf, and then your back to square one. Let them hand service it and make sure you'll have the proper functioning head unit.

If you contact Micah, or even if you need my assistance, I know you will be very satisfied and back in action in no time!

Best Regards,
Doug Levin

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
steponz,

The first version of the Paxton airbox made contact with my SRT-10's hood pad at the two outer corners of the air box. It rubbed the hood pad until it was unsightly. I complained to them about it and they invited me to visit their plant and bring my car. I did and while I toured the plant, their engineers poured over my car, checked clearances and developed the plan for a revised air box which I received a few months later.

The new air box fits and looks better than the first one, doesn't rub the hood pad and it's free to Paxton owners.

Dan

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
steponz,

The first version of the Paxton airbox made contact with my SRT-10's hood pad at the two outer corners of the air box. It rubbed the hood pad until it was unsightly. I complained to them about it and they invited me to visit their plant and bring my car. I did and while I toured the plant, their engineers poured over my car, checked clearances and developed the plan for a revised air box which I received a few months later.

The new air box fits and looks better than the first one, doesn't rub the hood pad and it's free to Paxton owners.

Dan

I have a 2006 coupe with the paxton kit on it. My airbox rubs the hood pad too. Did they come out with another air box lid since then.

Thanks,
ROB

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Paxton has been great to deal with. Calling for technical issues when I installed my kit, and they bent over backwards to help me out. Since then NO issues, and 710hp is WELL worth the experience of the install.

Reaction score
I have a 2006 coupe with the paxton kit on it. My airbox rubs the hood pad too. Did they come out with another air box lid since then.

Thanks,
ROB (quote)

Rob,
You have the latest version of the Paxton system. All the airboxes touch a little bit but the corners on the replacement tops are all flattened out near the back edges. I hope the things you are waiting on are resolved soon and you had a good conversation with my friend:2tu:

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After two years since the original post of this thread Doug Levin is still right about Micah at Paxton. My Novi was received at Paxton today, I spoke to Micah shortly after delivery confirmation was received, and he went and personally snatched it out of receiving, took it to service and had the problem ascertained within a couple of hours. It is shipping back tomorrow. Way to go Paxton customer service, especially to Micah!!! No complaints about Paxton customer service from me.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any indication what the problem was? Seems like too much of a conincidence that two with similar problems happen at the same time.

After two years since the original post of this thread Doug Levin is still right about Micah at Paxton. My Novi was received at Paxton today, I spoke to Micah shortly after delivery confirmation was received, and he went and personally snatched it out of receiving, took it to service and had the problem ascertained within a couple of hours. It is shipping back tomorrow. Way to go Paxton customer service, especially to Micah!!! No complaints about Paxton customer service from me.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nader - problem is two years apart my friend. Leak down test discovered a bad seal. It and bearings because of disassembly are being replaced. No complaints here. Now, what made the seal go bad, I can only hope it was a bad seal from the start. We'll see after it goes back in but I'm optomistic the issue is resloved. Regardless, Paxton customer service was great, we'll see how good their tech / repair support is after install. But I suspect no problems will be found.

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks,
ROB (quote)

Rob,
You have the latest version of the Paxton system. All the airboxes touch a little bit but the corners on the replacement tops are all flattened out near the back edges. I hope the things you are waiting on are resolved soon and you had a good conversation with my friend:2tu:

Mark,

Thanks for the info. Bill will be coming down the week of October/first week of November to handle the problem.

Thanks again,
ROB

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought my paxton strictly on the good service reputation. I had problems. Then problems with Paxton. After it was all over it was all good and Paxton took care of me. If I had to do it all over again I'm not sure I would do a Paxton after going thru my problems. I just run my car one day at a time and keep my fingers crossed. Just like any company there is good and bad people at Paxton. Finding the good people is some times trial and error. Best of luck to you.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Paxton shipped yesterday. It was a one day turn around. Couldn't ask for anything more than that.