Paxton Guys

Izover4u

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thinking about ordering a Paxton basic kit... Why does it seem like paxton vipers (600RWHP) are only trapping ~128-130mph on average in the 1/4? I would think they would trap higher... 08' viper w/exhaust is faster than a GenIII Paxton viper??? Am I missing something here? :dunno:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thinking about ordering a Paxton basic kit... Why does it seem like paxton vipers (600RWHP) are only trapping ~128-130mph on average in the 1/4? I would think they would trap higher... 08' viper w/exhaust is faster than a GenIII Paxton viper??? Am I missing something here? :dunno:

A "properly and custom tuned" Paxton car will make more power. A "stock" Paxton system out-of-the-box is set on the conservative side - it makes moderate power but not nearly at it's full potential.

Regards,
Doug

oufan2929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A "properly and custom tuned" Paxton car will make more power. A "stock" Paxton system out-of-the-box is set on the conservative side - it makes moderate power but not nearly at it's full potential.

Regards,
Doug

So what would you say a properly tuned paxton car would trap...In other words, what have your basic (stock bottom end) cars trapped? Reason I ask is I'm not opposed to bringing my car to you just based on your great rep...

Reaction score
So what would you say a properly tuned paxton car would trap...In other words, what have your basic (stock bottom end) cars trapped? Reason I ask is I'm not opposed to bringing my car to you just based on your great rep...

A good driver can and will net mid to upper 130's. One of the biggest obstacles encountered by the SRT convertibles is their lack of safety to meet track requirements to pass through tech. If your one of the lucky few to make it on a track and manage a 130mph trap speed your usually met at the end of the track with an invitation to exit the field :crazy2:

I really do appreciate your acknowledgment; I do my best! thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper