Paxton on a track car

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone who has a Paxton car run open track events with it? Are their cooling issues? Failures? I drive my '06 pretty ******* the track now as a DE car when I am not running my Comp Coupe. Thanks!

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a Paxton on my SRT Ram reg cab and have zero problems. I did add DC Performances' blower flash/pcm which comes with a 170 or 172 thermostat I think. Either way, running 20 minute sessions at speeds approaching 100 mph (nearly all in 3rd gear given the trucks gear ratio and track layout) at Hastings Motorsports Park with near 90 degree temps didnt phase the trucks performance. Engine temp didnt reach 190 at any point.

Reaction score
We have about a half dozen customers with the Paxton that track their cars and have no durability or power issues. I think that if you are not worried about swapping the computers for any warantee items that the DC performance flash is a very worthwile upgrade to an already proven system.

Mark

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you decide to go the Paxton route I would strongly suggest DC Performance do your install...they look to be the closest to you. The tune is extremely critical as I'm sure you probably know. Bad tune=bad performance and possible internal failure of parts in the motor. The pistons are the weakest link in the GenIII motors. The rods in the '03s are the strongest.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Biggest issue for people tracking Paxton equipped cars is the variability due to outside temperature. On hot days you need to watch your temp gauge, and short shift if things get hot. On colder days, you get lots more HP and need to watch your traction coming out of turns.

Of all the Turbo/Blower/NOS combinations, the Paxton setup is by far the best one for the track when considering heat management.

The progressive build of power allows you to use more of the HP, and driving smoothly rewards you with great times.

Let Dan know you plan to track your car. He will go over the options with you, and set your car up properly. He has an in house dyno that can be useful setting air fuel mixtures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte