Paxton Tuning

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking at a used Paxton and want to know what is needed for tuning? Is an SCT enough or do you need something for additional tuning?

Thanks

OP
OP
B

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need to know more about the setup. Lbs,fuel distemper,OEM etc?

Plum,
I'm new to this so bear with me but I have no idea what you are asking.

I have an 03 with headers, no cats, Mopar exhaust, cold air, 170 tstat, Sct tune. 'Aries' is selling his used Paxton but it doesn't come with a VEC, split second or AEM timer. I was wondering what I would need to install his kit on mine. I want to decide how much it will cost and compare it to just buying a new kit with everything. I guess another question is whether the new kits from Paxton come with everything needed to get the car to its potential?

I know you're the man with the answers (from what I've heard) so let me have it.

Thanks in advance.
Sal

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i forget if his is a stock paxton kit with the stock paxton fuel system. if it is, id get a call into dan lesser (viper specialty) he is pretty much the sct guy here. see what he thinks.

spilt second can be bought pretty cheap i think.

i think when you have higher than the paxton OEM boost (smaller pulley) it will require a SS,vec, or aem. if it has a REAL fuel system, not like the paxton one, you will need a vec, SS or AEM but ask dan.

OP
OP
B

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has a different fuel system but I think he's keeping it for his TT setup.

Also, spoke to Dan and got some answers.

Thanks Plum

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have quite a bit of background tuning the Paxton systems, feel free to call. 310-841-6996.

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are looking at around $600-$800 for a split second. I know as I just had to replace mine...

Also, make sure that the paxton is not leaking oil. If so there is another $500 and will take about a month to get it rebuild from Paxton.

I'm pretty knew with it too but have had a lot of guys help me with me questions. If you need anything I'm just an hour or so away just PM me.

Jon