PCM Module. Why a 3 week wait for a part?

Breck-Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My Viper won't start. Mechanic says that PCM Module went out and needs to be replaced. Part was ordered and estimated delivery was 3 - 4 days. Well 5 days have gone by and no part. Parts people at Dealership were now told the part is on back-order and expected delivery date is Sept. 6th. Vehicle was towed to Dealership on August 11th.

Is this what I have forward to look to every time my 2006 FE Coupe breaks down? No parts available. If it is, I might need to sell and buy different vehicle. Dodge needs to get a grip and provide some customer service. No wonder the Japanese are winning. I bet Honda/Toyota/Mazda don't treat their customers this way.

Not Happy in Breckenridge

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you get me the part number I will call my distributor and see if he has it in stock. If he does I will tell your dealer where to get it.

Robbie

SRT10Mike

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just a thought...I don't know if dealers can swap parts like they do cars, but I know Stoneridge Dodge in Dublin,CA has/had one in stock. They replaced both my computers trying to troubleshoot an electrical issue and it turned out the computers were not the problem. They told me the part was back-ordered too, and I think I waited a couple weeks for it to come in.

FWIW...

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was what I was trying to do for Breck. I was going to call some big dealers and see if it was in stock, but I needed the part number. So to answer your question, Mike, yes they can do stock transfers between dealers. It is done all the time. If your dealer refuses to do it call DC direct and tell them that Stoneridge has one and you want it.

Robbie

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
part # is 5030302ac there are 3 in stock at the national depot.No dealers so to have any in stock.You should be able to have one within 3-5 days.

OP
OP
B

Breck-Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, I got tired of waiting for the Dealership, called Chrysler Customer Service and Dodge came through and had the PCM Module shipped directly to the Dealership instead of mailing it to Dodge first. The problem was the PCM Module. After the replacement the Viper started and ran fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine