PCM Programming now available!!! L@@K!!

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Chris! Looking forward to doing yours and getting feedback. It is the most valuable part of doing these PCM's - each time I do another one it gets all the 'tips' and knowledge learned from all those before it. Sooner or later I will be doing them in my sleep. (currently, I jump up out of bed spastically when I have a thought to try on one....)

CMilViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason....I just overnighted my PCM to you. You should get it by 4:30pm on Tuesday.

I am looking forward to seeing what you can do, and will give my feedback.

Thanks

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking forward to feedback on this stuff! The more we do the more we learn. I truly appreciate everyones input on their thoughts and results! Happy Easter to all the gang!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason, as discussed we are looking forward to proving your PCM this weekend at the Kansas City Dyno Day. Will be SURE to broadcast the results and have the ultimate confidence they will be fantastic!

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those in the area, be on notice that we will be planning another WCV dyno day. But this time we will be able to 'demo' flash your pcm to your mods. We will then let you decide if you want to keep the flash or we will return your PCM to stock (all of this takes place while you car is strapped to the dyno). Needless to say, this process can take a while so the dyno day will be a dyno weekend. Look for it to be scheduled in late June. :headbang:

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about this: If you spend the time and money to go get full dyno sheets with Air Fuel ratios then I will commit also. If our flash does not satisfy you, send it back and I will put your stock program back in your PCM and return your money. (minus all shipping costs and a $50 setup fee)

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just dynoed last sat. on motor and nos. on motor my a/f ratio kept getting richer after 4700 rpm, all the way to redline. it was at about 11 to 5, on nitrous it fell off the chart at 3700 rpm , being very rich. I will e-mail you my dyno sheet and let me know what you think.

Isaac

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will put a section up on the West Coast Viper website for lots of before and afters. I will try to make it very comprehensive and will have a 'mod' listing where possible. It is just hard to find the time to work on the site. I did add the prices for Autometer gauges under the interior section recently.....

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bugeater: go to the dyno, get me some charts and send your PCM in. Don't like the results? I will send your money and stock program back. There is no 'set' program for any flash. Everyone is different. A set of 2000 GTS's I just had on the dyno had totally different AF and they were both stock. They each got different flashes after their mods were complete. It's just the nature of the beast.

Since there is no 'standard' gains, this can be a rough guideline. Most cars that dont have heads, headers or cam upgrades can get a good midrange torque lift from putting some advance back in where the factory pulls so much out. (3k-4k) There is not much 'peak' horsepower to be gained on a stock car. 93/94 octane does help a bit, but again, the boost on stock cars is the midrange.
Cars that have headers and throttle bodies, more power is gained at the 'peak' of the band. Gains are good in midrange also, but the 'breathing' apparatus on the motor is what helps with peak numbers.
Lastly, 'Package' cars with everything from heads, cams, etc - gain the most for sure. Every one of these is different. A 542 inch motor with our flash made 41 more peak horsepower than it did with the Mopar performance PCM.

Hope this helps with your curiosity. The best is still of course to try it out. I will be working on our site putting up assorted before/afters for browsing, it is just a time consuming task and we have been a busy shop recently....

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason, as discussed we are looking forward to proving your PCM this weekend at the Kansas City Dyno Day. Will be SURE to broadcast the results and have the ultimate confidence they will be fantastic!
Any luck? Did you find any horsepower increase?

-Lou

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did one PCM for the dyno weekend. I got the PCM back and did not get any conclusive results. It is kind of a shot in the dark doing a fairly blind flash but I sent what I thought would be good.

CMilViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of months ago, I dynoed my 2000 cream puff with Corsa/K&N's/Smooth Tubes. I only put down about a hair over 400 rwhp/440 rwtq.

I then sent my PCM to Jason at West Coast Viper for his reprogramming....and got it back that same week. I had it in the car for a couple of weeks. It was still running pretty rich, and thought I might be able to get a little more power out of it.

Last week, I sent it back to Jason for a little fine-tuning with the air/fuel ect. Once again, I got it back the same week.

Today, I took it to the dyno again, and put down 423.2/461.3. There was a little more gained in the 3600-4600 rpm range, and the curve was very flat.
(Much better than the curve I had before)
So I averaged a 20 rwhp gain and about 20 rwtq.

Also my skip shift was deleted, fans come on earlier ect.

So I am very happy...Could be even more peak HP to be gained if leaned out a little more possibly?

Although my numbers are not that unbelievable, they are much better than before! Thanks Jason!

Here is my dyno sheet from today....and I will try to locate my first dyno sheet.
:cool:

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the kudos Chris! Glad you are happy. Keep in mind that if the mods ever change on your car I will re-tune for free. CYA!

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason:

I am a little confused, (maybe more than a little) when you send out a programmed unit, why does the owner send it back, does it require a dyno pull with a/f, obviously seat-of-the-pants does not give you a baseline for reprogramming the first curve.

A second question, have you found the vacillating advance curve in the 3000-5000 rpm range that Sean Roe has acknowledged.

CMilViper:
why did you send the unit back to be reprogrammed.

CMilViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jack B,

I sent it back to Jason because I was still running pretty rich, and thought he could lean it out a bit more for a little more power.
I wanted to get as much from this mod as I could, and since they do not charge again to reprogram after the intitial programming, I sent the PCM back to squeeze out a few more horsepower.

-Chris

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tommorow and Sunday we have a dyno days event at our shop and I will make some before and after charts for you with those that are getting the PCM mod....

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: PCM Programming now available! UPDATE on AEM

The AEM EMS that we have all been waiting for is finally in production. The first units ordered will be in a billet aluminum case (all CNC done, really ****), once those are gone, they will be in a cast box the size of a factory pcm. We will have a number of these on hand shortly. If you purchase one from us, we will give you a credit for your stock pcm as we can never have enough of them.

VANTA'SVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JASON,HOW IT GOING?
I WAS AT YOUR SHOP ABOUT A MONTH AGO AT DYNO DAYS,YOU ALSO PUT MY ALUMINUM FLYWHEEL IN ALSO THE SMOOTH TUBES, K-N-N ,SHORT SHIFTER.
YELLOW BLACK STRIPES(BUMBLE BEE).
AFTER THE WORK YOU DYNO'D THE CAR AND CAME UP WITH 426 RWHP. :cool:
WE SPOKE ABOUT THE REPROGRAMING.AS SOON AS FINANCES GET BETTER I WILL BE CALLING YOU TO HAVE YOU GUYS REPROGRAM MY COMPUTER.AFTER WE DO THAT YOU CAN POST ALL THE NUMBERS FROM MY REPROGRAMMING THAT YOU WANT SO ALL CAN SEE. :2tu:
YOU SEE AFTER THE WORK YOU DID TO MY CAR AND THE RESULTS I GOT I AM A HAPPY WEST COAST VIPER CUSTOMER 4LIFE.
I FINALLY TOOK MY VIPER TO THE DRAGS AT FONTANA A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO AND I RAN 12.7@111 ALL DAY :laugh: COMPARED TO WHAT I USE TO RUN 13.5'S
HOPEFULLY I WILL BE ABLE TO GET THE REPROGRAMMING DONE BEFORE WILLOW SPRINGS NEXT MONTH. :usa: :headbang:
TILL THEN PEACE AND GOD BLESS
-FRED VANTA- :2tu: :D :laugh: <font color="red"> </font>

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally, after several months, I got everything lined up that I was waiting on before swapping in the new PCM that Jason sent me eons ago.

I run a VEC1 and made the swap tonight - I'm going to give everything a few days grace and 'gel time' and dyno late next week - I asked Jason to run me pretty ragged edge lean so I can fatten it up a bit with the VEC1 if need be.

I'll let everyone know what the VEC1 can do (if anything) on top of the fine work Jason has already done.

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the PCM installed tonight and went for a spin - I was waiting on headers, catback, + cats install that was taking a long time to get scheduled in. I never had time adn the shop never had the time.

Got it all worked out finally and it runs great - hard to tell obviously seat of the pants but just getting on it a little tonight looks like there is still room to lean out maybe as WOT still lit the last blue, indicating pretty rich. I ran my VEC1 at -20 on the high end before the new PCM and that leaned it out enough to just light up the 2nd to last blue light which was perfect.

So there is room to lean I think but I'm going to pedal a few more miles on her first and hit the dyno in a few weeks to see what's what.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456