Penske vs Motons

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For a street application is it worth spending the extra $$$ for Motons or are Penskes just as good?

Reaction score
Nothing rides better then the MCS... nothing that is why they are so popular, you don't often find any rave reviews from owners of any other brand, although I think the Penske shocks are a very good track option, just not a dual purpose shock, but that is just IMHO.

Ripper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
^^^^

Nothing out there can top Penske's. Numerous sets on numerous cars. Best performer and ride is unparalled

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like every Penske owner loves their set up! Keep the comments coming you guys. Seems like everyone in the gen2 world is running penskies and motons are a favorite of GEN3 and 4 guys.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how much are Penskes? I would have guessed more than MCS?
I am sure the Penskes are great, they make good stuff.

Reaction score
Seems like every Penske owner loves their set up! Keep the comments coming you guys. Seems like everyone in the gen2 world is running penskies and motons are a favorite of GEN3 and 4 guys.

Back in the day the only Motons you could get for the Gen2 cars were the Motorsports version, it was very expensive and only a track shock with track shock ride. The new MCS now offers the same Clubsport version as is available for the Gen3/4 cars that is why MCS has sold maybe 20+ sets of Gen2 shocks in the past 12 months, this is the real reason. I'm NOT knocking the Penske at all and I really like Eric Messley so if that is the route you choose he will take good care of you if you buy from him. :2tu:

Zee

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have Motons on my Gen II and the ride is amazing

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the Motons, sold them, now getting the penskes lol...

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have been using custom valved Penske systems since 1996. They are the Rolex of shocks. Price point is higher than the MCS. Lots of options, PM me if you want some info.
The MCS systems are much improved over the early JRZ-Moton systems.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think I would ever make the claim that anything is far superior than Penske shocks. I know MCS is good stuff and I would love to have them on my car. I also know Penske makes some good stuff and would also love to have them on my car or bike. For argument sake, the bike got Ohlins. Cost of admission, didn't want to spend 2x the price on the Penske with the bike, thats usually the case though. LOL.Everyone seems to know the MCS is over 4k, what are Penskes running these days?

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think I would ever make the claim that anything is far superior than Penske shocks. I know MCS is good stuff and I would love to have them on my car. I also know Penske makes some good stuff and would also love to have them on my car or bike. For argument sake, the bike got Ohlins. Cost of admission, didn't want to spend 2x the price on the Penske with the bike, thats usually the case though. LOL.Everyone seems to know the MCS is over 4k, what are Penskes running these days?

MCS are over 5k unless there's a source that sells them for 4k, please do let me know :)

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cragin, Messley and some others are doing some pretty impressive stuff with Penske shocks. The hot ticket is to let them know how you are going to be driving the car, and they can tune the shocks to fit your needs. Believe this to be the ultimate setup.

For street cars, that are looking to get a smoother, better controlled ride, and the ability to adjust ride height, the MCS shocks seem to get the job done.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

MCS with springs (big ones + helpers) is $5k.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MCS with springs (big ones + helpers) is $5k.
I was quoted less for all of the above. :dunno: Since I don't know who all sells them and what everyone charges for them I stated over $4k. Regardless the point I was making is what are Penskes going for since we know MCS can be had for around $5k

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered set of Penske shocks for a dedicated track car.
They are Penske Racing Shock 8760 Series. Low Speed Compression, High Speed Compression, Rebound Adjustability
-The triple adjustable shocks will allow both high speed compression and low speed compression independently.
-They are built with Penske's new Velocity Dependent Piston to soften up the initial shock forces.
-Custom 7075 Billet Long Travel Viper Penske Rear Shock Clevices.

$6200.00 w/o springs.....

Fwiw... I will have a good set of Motons, off of a Gen 4, for sale after the Penske upgrade later this month.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960