Performance Lost? Ram Air

goat318

Viper Owner
Reaction score
2000 gts.I removed factory airbox and installed a ram-air kit.Metal tubes with K%n filters on end. Does not have a divider, just filters behind the radiator. It sounds cool but seems like sucking up all that hot air would have a negitive effect. It seems I lost some low end torque.??? Any advice? thx

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My advice is to pick up a Vipair or go back to stock and add smooth tubes. Your current setup is sucking hot air and will result in a loss of power.

Or you could always add a supercharger... :D

01ACR/VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2000 gts.I removed factory airbox and installed a ram-air kit.Metal tubes with K%n filters on end. Does not have a divider, just filters behind the radiator. It sounds cool but seems like sucking up all that hot air would have a negitive effect. It seems I lost some low end torque.??? Any advice? thx

You got it.:2tu:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you post pics of the Ram Air? Was this on sale at ebay at one point because I got some very interesting claims about it from the seller.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sometimes feel can be deceiving? I would say take it to a track rental and make passes with both setups and that way you know for sure.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do a search before you purchase mods that loose power.

Anything other than a factory air box is going to loose power, been there, done that, spent a day or two on a dyno to prove it.

A setup like the one you bought is probably worth -20hp at the wheels, enjoy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
booth