Performance mod question?

Danny Balon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:DI just recently purchased a 2004 mamba Viper would this kit be any good? Im kinda lost on where to start with mods? Any info would be helpful Thanks!!
Click link scroll to the fourth one down its the whole kit:
VIPER Gen 3 & 4

Viper SRT-10 (2003-2006) MOPAR RACING Performance Package

For a dramatically increased performance level. Includes the three racing Performance components (see above three products):
1. Racing Exhaust JU-P4510176
2. Engine Controller P4510172-AB
3. Performance Camshaft JU-P4510171
as a package. Read the details of each component above.

This kit:
* Removes all of your catalytic converters.
* Will eliminate a large portion of your emission controls
* Will require you burn premium pump fuel (91 octane minimum)

IMPORTANT: You must have your engine Controller Re-programmed (we offer this service see top of this page)
...OR...
Highly recommended to be installed Professionally with the Racing Engine Controller JU-P4510172-AB and the Racing Cam JU-P4510171 together and Racing Performance Exhaust JU-P4510176 or an after market performance exhaust which removes the Catalytic Converters.

Does not fit 2008 Viper
ALL Three!
Give your Vipers Horse Power a Kick in the back side!
$ 2279.00
Save $130.00

You must be registered for see images

Reaction score
There are better ways to make power and they would be more cost effective, such as a Paxton S/C. 200hp over 75hp. The S/C will run you about $10K installed and dyno tuned for the polished version. This is not the only way but there are a lot of folks on here that would convince you it is the right way to spend your money.

Call if you need any specific questions answered about this or any other mods you are thinking of.

Mark

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The package described in the intial post is legal for off road use only. Deletion of cats in an on road use vehicle is a violation of Federal law.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish new registrants would list their location. All these mods will require tuning so you will need to be near to some dealer or tuner that can help you. The tuning may be the most important aspect of your upgrade!

BTW, have you joined the VCA yet?

OP
OP
D

Danny Balon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish new registrants would list their location. All these mods will require tuning so you will need to be near to some dealer or tuner that can help you. The tuning may be the most important aspect of your upgrade!

BTW, have you joined the VCA yet?

I live in Louisville,Ky i have alot of tuners by me just wondering if this package is a waste of time and if i should just supercharge it or maybe this package and supercharger? There are no emissons by me at all also.

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Start with a membership to the VCA....

That package looks like crap! You could buy any of the top selling cat back exhausts and do a cat delete and even add headers and you'll be better off than the above package. Depending on how much you want to spend... that will really determine what your limits are.

Unless you live in a state that requires emissions control tests to register a vehicle, you can delete the cats. Im willing to bet somewhere around half of all members here don't have em including myself.

Do some tread searching and see what you come up with and apply a budget, (if you have one), then check back.

:usa:

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The kit states that you are required to burn premium pump gas, well with a Viper you can only use premium gas anyway.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some advice: Call DC Performance, Roe Racing, Viper Specialty, Woodhouse (to name a few) and get sound advice from folks that actually modify and tune Vipers.

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:DI just recently purchased a 2004 mamba Viper would this kit be any good? Im kinda lost on where to start with mods? Any info would be helpful Thanks!!
Click link scroll to the fourth one down its the whole kit:
VIPER Gen 3 & 4

Viper SRT-10 (2003-2006) MOPAR RACING Performance Package

For a dramatically increased performance level. Includes the three racing Performance components (see above three products):
1. Racing Exhaust JU-P4510176
2. Engine Controller P4510172-AB
3. Performance Camshaft JU-P4510171
as a package. Read the details of each component above.

This kit:
* Removes all of your catalytic converters.
* Will eliminate a large portion of your emission controls
* Will require you burn premium pump fuel (91 octane minimum)

IMPORTANT: You must have your engine Controller Re-programmed (we offer this service see top of this page)
...OR...
Highly recommended to be installed Professionally with the Racing Engine Controller JU-P4510172-AB and the Racing Cam JU-P4510171 together and Racing Performance Exhaust JU-P4510176 or an after market performance exhaust which removes the Catalytic Converters.

Does not fit 2008 Viper
ALL Three!
Give your Vipers Horse Power a Kick in the back side!
$ 2279.00
Save $130.00

You must be registered for see images
xmetal billet throttle body=14hp, headers 20-25hp, performance ecu flash 10-15 everywhere thru the curve

FangZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suddenly feel less "exclusive"... Black Mamba, Louisville... :cool:

Let' get together when the weather gets better!!!

VipeRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Louisville,Ky i have alot of tuners by me just wondering if this package is a waste of time and if i should just supercharge it or maybe this package and supercharger? There are no emissons by me at all also.

Hey Danny,congrats on getting your viper.I'ts really sharp looking
. By chance , did you purchase it at Commonwealth Dodge? If so ,I remember admiring it when I was ordering my'08:2tu:

OP
OP
D

Danny Balon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Danny,congrats on getting your viper.I'ts really sharp looking
. By chance , did you purchase it at Commonwealth Dodge? If so ,I remember admiring it when I was ordering my'08:2tu:

Yeah sure did i seen it and fell in love with it!!! I ended up driving it off the showroom floor!!!

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Danny

I have a SC installed and some other mods. I live in Campbellsville about 78 miles from you- come down & take a look and drive my Viper. This way you can see and feel the difference with a SC installed on a Viper. I also have the Belanger headers and mufflers.

Sent you a PM

Last edited:

VipeRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah sure did i seen it and fell in love with it!!! I ended up driving it off the showroom floor!!!
Danny,the dealerships manager(BIG DAVE)told me that he liked it so much he was going to keep it for himself.Guess he changed his mind .Also the yellow '05 vert. that was sitting next to yours used to belong to me. You've got a sharp looking ride buddy...RAY:headbang:

HensleySRT-10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I also live in Kentucky.....about 3 hours from Louisville in Pikeville, KY. I purchased a 2006 Coupe about 2 months back and plan to do some modding as well. I looked at the Mopar performance package, but would like to make closer to 600 rwhp so I'm planning to purchase a supercharger or turbo setup within the next couple of months. For the money, depending on your ultimate horsepower goal, your better off just going forced induction. Just my opinion....goodluck.

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hensley

What color is your Viper?

Good to see Ky Vipers owners aboard. Wish we could find a time in the future for Ky owners to get together.

Go Cats:)--I am a die hard wildcat fan but I also like the cardinals but have to yell for the cats Sunday and also today in the foot ball Liberty Bowl. Wish I had some good tickets for Sunday's game.

HensleySRT-10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hiss,

My viper is black with silver stripes (factory). Good looking car if I do say so myself. I love black....Ijust wish it didn't show every little spec of dust or blemish, LOL.

We'll definitly have to get together sometime. My brother-in-law lives in the Louisville area so maybe sometime we can all meet up. If you guys ever decide to get together call me or email. My email address is [email protected]

I'm new to Viper ownership....so I'd be interested in what you guys have to say in terms of mods, etc.

Take care.

HensleySRT-10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hiss,

If you'll send me your email address I'd be glad to send some pics of the car. I'm a little embarrassed, but I don't know how to post them here.:rolaugh:

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will send-check your pm

Somerset Ky has one of if not the largest car show around on the 4th Saturday of the month at 2:00 pm(April-Oct). Since it is my home town I try to make most of the shows,. They have any where between 1000 & 2000 cars at the show. A big block party on Friday starting at 5:00pm in the Wallmart parking lot. About 3-4 hundred cars show up for this. A lot of things for the family.

June is Mopar month-wish we could get some more Vipers at the show. We normally have around 4-5 Vipers. This would be a good place to meet up.

Check it out Somernites Cruise