photoshop skills required

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
can anyone help me here, I'm wanting to have this pic (original size 2Mb) made into a 30" poster print

Sam_vip.jpg

this shot was a taken in a studio but it hasnt turned out brilliantly, I guess there's a bit of skill needed to getting it ready for print

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, when you blow pictures up, they lose a lot of quality. The only way you would be able to blow it up that large and not lose any quality is if it were a vector image (from what I know).

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neil,

There used to be a software plugin for Photoshop made ny Altimira group that compressed the image into a fractal equation and then could recalculate the image into any size without any pixelization, their website was http://www.altamira-group.com/, I don't know if they are still in business, but do a few searches , maybe you can use something similar

Steve

KEast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would help if you had the actual digital negative. Do you know if the 30D was set to its highest resolution and was shooting in RAW? If it was, this could probably be blown up nicely.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like KEast mentioned, if you have the digital negative (seeing as it was a 30D), this would work as well.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
(seeing as it was a 30D)

Looks like TWO 30DD's to me :)

But seriously, e-mail [email protected], he helped blow up a Viper photo of mine that I wanted made into a 24x30 poster and it came out beautifully. All I did was email him the photo and he sent me back a MUCH bigger version that Wolf Camera was able to enlarge into a poster print. p.s.--Wal-Mart (and the company send out their big work too) was unable to do it for some reason, so don't waste your time trying them.

lilfedncc06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cleaned the floor a little bit and added a circular gradient fade to fill in the blank spaces around the edges. hope u like it :2tu:

You must be registered for see images