Picked up a cam need help reading the cam card

2002_red_gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im one step closer to my buget head and cam swap. Im picking up a custom cam that was supizing pretty close to wait I was looking on having ground anyways. The heads are getting send off next week to the porter he said I should see 290+ at .600' when he is done. I can understand some of this cam card but not all. Can someone help me break this down and what all these numbers mean. Also does anyone think this cam might be to big for a CA street car? Do you think this cam will make good power? Im worried about smog but Im hoping todd at AC performance can make a tune just to get it to pass.

You must be registered for see images attach

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure about the smog/emissions, but it doesn't look like a ridiculously aggressive cam.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With an aggresive bump stick, no amount of tuning is gonna make that thing pass an emissions test. Maybe a picture of President Benjamin might, but not tuning...................or if you could leave the motor "off" for the test.

OP
OP

2002_red_gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would but i have called him twice already, he is a busy man and I dont want to bug him. Maybe he will see my post

Reaction score
I had that cam measured at the School. That's their cam Doctor printout. Who did you buy that cam from?

I think Dan @ DC Performance or Todd @ A&C could answer the question better, both being in California.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you put that cam in the Viper, and you know it won't pass emissions for Cali, is it somehow possible to "have your sister *** in the cup"?------take your toyota camry or whatever in, get the sticker, stick it on the cammed Viper. Good to go,or no?.......maybe still need the Benjamin note?.......we don't have emission testing were I live, so I don't really know how that goes....not trying to give stupid advice, just wondering what's up with that.:dunno:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My cam is bigger and passes, but who knows because I don't have stock heads. Shorter duration on the exhaust side which is interesting. Mopar is coming out with a package for the GEN II, that will most likely make more power and cost less than what your doing. What's your budget.

234/233 @.050
114 lobe center
.580 intake lift
.579 exhaust lift

Last edited:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious, how that compares to the Gen II "708 cam specs?

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My cam is bigger and passes, but who knows because I don't have stock heads. Shorter duration on the exhaust side which is interesting. Mopar is coming out with a package for the GEN II, that will most likely make more power and cost less than what your doing. What's your budget.

234/233 @.050
114 lobe center
.580 intake lift
.579 exhaust lift

Any details on this upcoming MOPAR kit?

OP
OP

2002_red_gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score

234/233 @.050
114 lobe center
.580 intake lift
.579 exhaust lift

Well I'm putting this together over the year with the heads I picked up for 300 the 200 for machine work then 600 for porting then RR gaskets, push rods then springs I'll do the work on the install so about 2000 without a tune. I'm not Ina rush so I'm just piecing it has I go on my navy buget

OP
OP

2002_red_gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also what are the details on this package molar is putting together? Is it a head and cam deal? That might be the best route

OP
OP

2002_red_gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the guy Jerry Killians. He has ported quite a bit of heads for the drag racing scene in the south. Hes done a lot of work on the SRT10 trucks and some gen 2 stuff. He said he could get 290 out of my heads and he is really hooking me up on price since im in the military

http://killiansportingservice.com/id2.html

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry is a good guy and lives down the road from me. Hes done some heads for my dad's and my 3000gt vr4 that will outflow other high priced competitors. That is pretty cheap though, but he knows what he's doing.

OP
OP

2002_red_gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry is a good guy and lives down the road from me. Hes done some heads for my dad's and my 3000gt vr4 that will outflow other high priced competitors. That is pretty cheap though, but he knows what he's doing.

Good im glad that That you no him and his work personally. So far he has been very nice and very helpful when I have talked to him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang