Picked up a new coupe

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We just bought this 2006 Slate & silver SRT-10 with H-spoke rims (one of four) to go with our 2000 Black & silver GTS.

You must be registered for see images

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Hard to get one better-looking than that!!

Saw a SRT-10, same color/wheel combo at V v V - stunning.

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt,

I was wondering if you were having the same luck I was with our local dealers? Looks like we will keep buying out of state? One of these days remind me to tell you my latest NV Viper club story. Nothing has changed much since my last visit with the club.

OP
OP
M

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Les,

Our dealers in town are a joke. I tried to buy the VOI.9 coupe at (lack of) Integrity last fall and they were clinging to prices that were way too high - this is probably why they still have the car. BTW: the last I checked, the coupe at Integrity was the only new Viper coupe for sale in our area.

I ended up finding my new car on Autotrader (BTW: there was a new blue/silver coupe on there for $69.9k a couple of weeks ago). The deal was very smooth and everything was as represented by the dealer.

As for our region, I'd be very interested to hear about it. Nothing has changed at all and with the way things are going with this club I think they're going to get alot worse before anything changes. It seems that no one in the VCA at the next level up (ZD) or on the national board cares what happens or who does what in our region or any region for that matter.

SSR9999

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great color combination! Could you post a pic of your new coupe and your 2000 GTS together? Would love to see how they look together side by side. Thanks!

OP
OP
M

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great color combination! Could you post a pic of your new coupe and your 2000 GTS together? Would love to see how they look together side by side. Thanks!

Funny you should ask - I took some yesterday after I washed the GTS.

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny you should ask - I took some yesterday after I washed the GTS.

Great side by side pics....this should go in a FAQ file somewhere.

Congrats on both rides...they are sick!!

:usa: :D :usa:

vegas guy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice Matt! Does KyKy get to drive one? Moved my membership to NV in December and haven't received a word about it, nothing, nada, zip. No one even returns my emails. Guess I'll save myself a few bucks come next January. Gary "A" is picking mine up next month. Plan is to ship it to DC for the Paxton and some other goodies. Congrats again and why didn't you ask me to drive it down for Ya! (just kidding).

OP
OP
M

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments. The most striking thing is the differring experiences each car offers. The SRT-10 is definitely a better handling, better braking car and is more comfortable to drive. The GTS is quicker, more aggressive and is more of a "race car" (mine has Belanger headers, no cats, cat-back, Mopar PCM and 1.7RRs). Also, the GTS seems to get more looks than the SRT-10, but that's not really a big deal to me either way. I have to admit that stock for stock the exhaust note of the SRT-10 sounds meaner than the GTS did before the exhaust mods.

OP
OP
M

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice Matt! Does KyKy get to drive one? Moved my membership to NV in December and haven't received a word about it, nothing, nada, zip. No one even returns my emails. Guess I'll save myself a few bucks come next January. Gary "A" is picking mine up next month. Plan is to ship it to DC for the Paxton and some other goodies. Congrats again and why didn't you ask me to drive it down for Ya! (just kidding).

She'll be driving the SRT-10, in fact, she's already taken it to work. When we are at VOI.9, she had a chance to drive, drag and race the SRT-10 coupes as well as my GTS and decided that she liked the new cars alot better than mine, so that definitely helped towards getting this car, not to mention that the color is her favorite on a Viper.

Rest assured, DC will do a great job with the car, but did you ever stop by and talk to Garth?

As far as your troubles with moving your membership to the NV region, I'm not surprised given the total lack of leadership we now have (not)running the club. As I said before, I've come to discover that no one on a national level or a zone level gives a rat's you-know-what about what happens in our region or how the dictator in charge screws things up. Thanks to him, Jay and I have stopped putting in the numerous hours on the club we were and have left El Presidente to find a couple of other suckers to use and abuse. That's why nothing is getting done on a regional level anymore.

Last edited: