Picking up my 1st VIPER TODAY!! (more)

tmcalist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations!!! You will not be disappointed at all with your decision. I've had my Viper for a little of a year now and I still go out to the garage at night just to take a look at it. It always brings a smile to my face. Welcome to the Viper Nation.

Not sure about the stereo in the newer Vipers but in mine I did replace the stock headunit and speakers. With the top off it was very difficult to hear and the sub between the seats was pretty much useless. Do some searches on the board and you will get some good ideas on some of the upgrades folks have done. If you think about changing your setup let me know - I have a Alpine receiver (CDA-7863) and Polk speakers I will be selling. I just upgraded my stereo again with a indash 5 inch monitor and dvd player. You will never run out of ideas for mods you want to make to the car.

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Alex, the feeling you have when you pick the car up will stay with you and every time you climb in and drive it, that feeling will still be there. It is just the most enjoyable thing to do what you want, cruise around or go fast, makes no difference. The fun NEVER ends. Enjoy and congratulations.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Don't forget to join your VCA (or if you purchased your Snake new, you'll be getting a free one year membership). Both the NY and NJ regions are VERY active! Click on the regions area of this website to get their regional website links and contact information.

Enjoy!

Viper99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome!
I live on Long Island and the roads can be a challenge with the limited ground clearance. Get in touch with Sean Roe from Roe Racing (his # is on this web site). He sells these rubber front end guards that are applied with adhesive to the under side of the front fascia. At least when you scrape, you're scraping the guards and not the paint. Careful of speed bumps and pulling in and out of driveways and shopping centers. Just take it slow.
As for the stereo....Lousy!
I replaced my deck with the new Kenwood Satellite-ready CD/Tuner. K865 series, I believe. It retracts into the dash so it's completely hidden when the car is off. Looks great with all brushed aluminum controls to match the aluminum accents in the cockpit. Also replaced the rear speaker with a Boston Acoustic and the Amplifier as well. I left the speakers in the doors because they don't sound that bad.
If you get a chance, e-mail me your name, address, phone # and e-mail as I am the social coordinator for the NY/CT Viper Club and we're in the process of compiling a member directory so we can more easily get together for events and cruises, etc. The directory will go to print next week so the sooner you can get me the info the better.
Good luck and enjoy your car.

M

mclean

Great to hear from another new owner. I have had mine for 5 weeks now, and I still am amazed when I open the garage door in the morning and see it smiling back at me, asking me to drive it. I am still in the mode that everything about the car rocks, except for constantly hitting the front on curbs even going slowly. Just yesterday at a stop light, this guy in a minivan rolled his window down and stuck his hand out the window with a cell phone in it and asked us to rev the engine so his son could hear it over the phone! Just be sure you don't get distracted by all the looks/reactions that other drivers will give you...picutre taking, waving, honking, being flashed, etc, the list goes on and on.

Enjoy and Welcome to the Club!
embarass.gif

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats!!! I'm near TZ bridge so let's meet! Try to put 1K miles on it and take it to Watkins Glen in May 20/21.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc