Pics (a couple more)

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here are a few more pictures of my Sapphire Blue RT.

My wife is scared of this Viper and I think she will be asking me to get rid of it soon. Let's hope not, but it's starting to become an issue. UGGG!

Last edited:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tell her to get lost if she does. she can be replaced just as easily as the car can. mine knows better but i dont tell her how to spend her money either....

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, you to have keep your toy! Didn't you just get that car?!??

My wife doesn't like my old RT either... but she knows boys will have their toys.. Besides, I found that I enjoy the occasional solo viper cruise!!

:drive:

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Join the VCA and take her on a cruise with others from your area.

Good way to have fun and meet others.

Exactly. My wife is getting to like our Viper more and more after our cruises at Western Canada Event and Kelowna Event. We cruise around Red Deer with 5 other Vipers quite often. She has made friends with several of the other wives/girlfriends.:2tu: In fact we are in Ontario picking up a matching Viper for her. She wants to learn to drive it.:drive:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My wife dislikes my Sapphire GTS. I think that the supercharged 98 GTS that we head-on'd a Semi with is still in her mind? She goes all over the place with me and we've been to the VOI X in Detroit, Pekin Illinois back to BC. Vancouver several times (usually by myself) as well as Kelowna VCA events, Harrison Hot spring event, Revelstoke she actually sat in the car while I pounded it sidways around the 17 miles of switchbacks in our Revelstoke Rally (Viper mag Spring this year).

She knows who will be going if it comes down to her or the car. She does make driving my supercharged Viper boring although I have 21,000 miles on my PS2s.

Ted

viper02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
plumcrazy...You're a real DICK for saying that about your wife. I hope she reads your thread and you don't get layed for the next ten years.

Craig...01GTS

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When my Wife rode in my GTS, she said the acceleration made her sick to her stomach. Anyway, she won't ride in it anymore...I don't have a probem with that.

OP
OP
G

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My wife told me that she is not scared of my driving when I drive normal, which is MOST of the time, but scared of the losers the Viper will attract and the bad driving they will do around me. We have had a close family member killed in a car wreck, no fault of their own, so my wife's fears are understandable. Regardless, my wife takes 1st place over any car, or any thing. :crossed:

She has not asked me to get rid of it YET, but I feel that may be comming. Then again she might just grin and bear it.

Yeah, I just got this Viper in August. It still smells new on the inside. And, it is a great looking car. It's still cherry with only a little over 9,000 miles on it. If I end up selling, I know the economy stinks right now so I might have to wait a while (I wouldn't mind that at all). I'd probably ask a grand or 2 less than I paid for it, then just wait and see what happens. But then again maybe I wont have to sell it, I'm just thinking ahead. :think:

Be safe!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tell her to get lost if she does. she can be replaced just as easily as the car can. mine knows better............

Now that's the way it should be..............................:D:D

but i dont tell her how to spend her money either....

Hmmmmmmmmmm, I don't either as long as she shops at the Dollar store................................

:lmao::lmao:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tell her to get lost if she does. she can be replaced just as easily as the car can. mine knows better but i dont tell her how to spend her money either....

:lmao:alRIGHTY! now I know why I am verrrry single:headbang:

btw...Ineedaviper, your sapph rt/10 is AWSOME, I agree with the above posts, get her out to a few events and she will enjoy the car also.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I said... Boys will have their toys.....

Don't let her tell you to sell. Sell it for yourself if YOU decide it's not what you want. Viper isn't for everyone. She'll let you have it if you get her a car she likes...?!??

youneedaviper

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
plumcrazy...You're a real DICK for saying that about your wife. I hope she reads your thread and you don't get layed for the next ten years.

Craig...01GTS

um ok.....

my wife wouldnt even think of telling me how to spend MY money. she's not dumb. its not her biz to tell me what to do as its not mine to tell her. you are a wimp for letting her and she knows it, thats why she does. but im not here to give marriage advice, thats for sure.

EDITED MYSELF...lol id rather reply to you on another website

Leslie, you know what im saying.....if not, get back to the kitchen... :) j/k

ineedaviper = youneedaset

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My gf doesn't like my car either. She has really long legs and the she says the passenger side is not comfortable for her....and oh yeah it's too loud. She actually rides around with her fingers in her ears when I have the windows down. I'd never dump her but I will never sell the car either.

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
When my Wife rode in my GTS, she said the acceleration made her sick to her stomach. Anyway, she won't ride in it anymore...I don't have a probem with that.

My wife said the same thing:lmao: But she still gets in.:2tu:

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the color !!!! Nice wheels, and welcome! My wife is not a fan either, but she also knows not to make comments because the Viper happens to be my 3rd child! :headbang:.

kenmo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just purchased my Viper a few weeks ago. My wife is happy for me. I'm pretty sure I told her on our first date that I wanted to own a Viper someday. Most of her happiness may be relief....now she doesn't hear me talking about it day in and day out, hehe.

Actually, I gotta agree with plumcrazy. We're DINKs (Dual Income No Kids), so we split our bills accordingly and put some in the bank. What's leftover is spent on what we enjoy individually.

Hope she comes around....hate to see you try to flip that thing so quickly!

EDIT...I also approve of the color :)

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ahhhh..I remember my dad telling me about this car called the Dodge Viper....I fell for her...I then brought my wife into the dealership for a meeting....She didn't get it, and still doesn't...but she saw the joy in my face & actions....She doesn't ride much but she will get in....all i know is that when i'm out driving i better answer my phone or she does get upset since she worries about other drivers...My wife would never tell what i can & can't have...

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If my wife had any idea how fast my car is she would have an instant heart attack. Whenever she's in the car I've never had it past half throttle. Even then she tells me to slow down.

The solution to your dilemma is very simple. Just drive like a grandpa when she's in the car.

Everybody has secrets with their spouse. At least mine is only the 4 wheeled kind.... :D

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTSnake;2760388 Just drive like a grandpa when she's in the car. Everybody has secrets with their spouse. At least mine is only the 4 wheeled kind.... :D[/QUOTE said:
Great advice... IMO

tim bob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my wife loves my car we picked it out together looked at a few i of course had the final say we both agreed on the one i bought. see khows that i am a car guy and i have the coolest car.i would love to teach her to drive stick but in no hurry..