PICS HERE! What car company builds a show car....Part II

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
What car company builds a show car....and then makes the production car MORE RADICAL?

You must be registered for see images

It's hard to get the depth of the side opening, but I tried.

From one of the lead designers "We changed Ally McBeal into Rachel Welch!"

Can you say WIDE?

Don't know what they are, but they're supposed to be the brightest things out there!

OP
OP
Joseph Houss

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Action shot

Although I had to zoom in a bit (sorry for the blurryness), I thought this was a good one

...WE TALK, DODGE LISTENS! 5 points can be installed WITHOUT cutting rear vinyl!

Cool power adapter pops up when in use

OP
OP
Joseph Houss

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Speakers in dash, as described by the designer, is specifically engineered to bounce the sound off the windshield for 500 watts of "in your face" high fidelity

Just like the original RT/10, we actually have a REAL glovebox!

PLUS, the top of the center console armrest is hinged to reveal an additional 12 volt outlet and air bag cutoff, with room for CD's ..... and yes .... even gloves!

VERY aggresive front end

No surprises here, just ONE MONSTER MOTOR!

Clean look.... as the top becomes the cover!

OP
OP
Joseph Houss

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Incredible lines (even better in person where depth perception is more visible)

A little better angle of the rear spoiler lip

Tweeter behind each seat, below roll hoop

View from the cockpit is awesome! You can easily see the fender humps, and it absolutely feels like a VIPER!

...and last but not least, pulling out the ashtray revealed that Dodge HAS NOT become just another car company!

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe,

You will be getting a bill in the mail for the medical bills after my heart stopped after seeing the pics!

I agree with you 100% The car looks AWESOME. PVO has definitely outdone themselves this time - the lines are just silky smooth and the car looks so much more finished and "sorted out" than any other Viper I've EVER seen.

Joe, what does it stay on the start button? It looks like 2 words... can you divulge? Does it say "For Mike"????
laugh.gif
. Did you get a chance to experience the stereo? Was it good?

P.S. That better not have been MY car they were thrashing!
supergrin.gif

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe,
D*mn...that is one fine looking Viper! I have said it before, and I will say it again...I LOVE the new Gen III...Way to go PVO!!! They did a great job preserving the agressiveness of the car, and brought new innovations to the model....Amazing, can't wait to get one...Seriously.

Zach

OP
OP
Joseph Houss

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Brunton:
Joe,

Joe, what does it stay on the start button? It looks like 2 words... can you divulge? Does it say "For Mike"????
laugh.gif
. Did you get a chance to experience the stereo? Was it good?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks to the GOV'T ..... The start button says:

Engine Start

PVO had MUCH better expressions in mind (no...not "For Mike")

YES! I did have a chance to have the stereo demonstrated to me... and it was awesome. Not just loud, but true Hi Fidelity sound, with subs, and tweeters all over the place. Reminded me of a demonstration of BOSE technology (although I understand it was engineered by ALPINE).

I believe the designer explained it like this:

"I know nobody should listen to a radio in a Viper.... but if we have to have one..... it might as well be the best!"

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great! This looks really nice. Can you even imagine what the coupe will look like in a couple years?! Sure glad I didn't back out of the cert. program.

OP
OP
Joseph Houss

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Last but not least:

The gentleman holding the helmet is one of our greatest advocates at DaimlerChrysler ... none other than Dr. Wolfgang Bernhard himself, enjoying the cameraderie that makes the VCA the best car club in the world.

By the way, the other gents are 3 of your 4 National Officers, (from left to right) Rich Hamelic, Tony Estes, and Mitch Wehrly ..... Joe Houss obviously not present .... because I was behind the darn camera!

...and some additional Team Viper VIP's with Ron the joker Adee in the background!

venmous

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Uh. . . .yeah. . .having. . trouble. . .finding. . .words. . .to. .describe. . .emotions. . .

well, I was a critic of some of the earlier pics, but these "real" pictures have put me on the bandwagon for good.

I may have to break the piggy bank. . .again. . .soon.

Thank you very much, Joe. I think; anticipation is a b*tch.

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See if you can use Microsoft Internet Explorer....

I get the broken pics if I use Netscape, but ok with explorer..

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ack! The car is looking better!

I still would rather have curved versus angle on the front side gaps, but otherwise quite nice!

And I do like the **** over the rear wheels!

OP
OP
Joseph Houss

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
I switched the slashes ... Is that better for you netscape and Mac users?

....... and here's another picture that I thought was important..... A REAL TRUNK. WITH ACCESS TO THE BATTERY!

(and no fancy shmancy carpet ... just plain 'ol composite!) That should make our aftermarket Viper goodie guys happy!

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe,

Many thanks for sharing - I cannot control myself - I must own this car NOW !

Dodge thank you so much for making this car - it is beyond anything I have ever seen - YEAH I love it !!!

THANKS - I CANNOT WAIT - HELP, SOMEBODY HELP I MUST OWN NOW - I HAVE SOOO LOOOONG - HELP ME - BILL P HELP ME !!

Cheers to all !

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the many great photos. I think VCA officers should get early delivery just for their generous donations of tons of awesome film/photos/time spent shooting the pix (oops wrong thread!)

Won't be parting with my GTS but that car has definitely
yesnod.gif
gotten much better looking...is there a new designer involved?...nice touches though I've got to see how those sharp front angles agree with me over time...all in all, your title for this Gen III thread hits the mark.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to agree. It does look 'meaner'. I look forward to seeing it 'in person', for final judgement. I appreciate the pics., but I can't give opinion until see-touch. Definite improvement, but the Gen II is a hard act to follow. Although, other than the looks, this car appears to be better in every way.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;------ Having a siezure I CAN'T WAIT TO DRIVE THIS THING WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

HUBBA HUBBA

SRT&gt;all

hail[1].gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe,
Thanks for the pix! As you know, I was (am?) one of the whiners, but I have to admit, the revised look is much improved. Thanks for restoring my faith!

BTW, what color is that car? I know I need a new monitor, but the color looks almost mauve. Is the car actually black and just is reflecting an odd-colored sky?

--Mike

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
at first i was disappointed by the looks of the new viper, but now im starting to like it more and more!

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTS Dean:
If the shoe fits.....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My brother and I were discussing this last night - he has an Elise coming and alot of people are (big surprise) whining about the details of the car.

If you can make a round ashtray or a square ashtray - given that neither is heavier than the other, but one allows you to place a can of coke in there, and the other doesn't, then which one would you prefer?

I would say anyone that wanted the square one is a poser - because a REAL enthusiast would only be concerned with more weight. If you can get more utility with no additional weight, that's a good thing.

I think I'm starting to see a trend here...

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
after seeing the newest pics (finally in my color), my apprehension is quickly fading. VOI7 can't get here soon enough to check it out in person.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph Houss:

...and last but not least, pulling out the ashtray revealed that Dodge HAS NOT become just another car company!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the shoe fits.....