[PIC's] New Carbon Vipair Hood & ACR paint scheme [PIC's]

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I have been trying to get this hood, and paint work done for at least 6 months now, and finally got the car out of the shop last friday. Took the painters about 6 weeks ( took their time lol ). I want to thank Steve Prescott at Vipair for working with me on the hood. I originally purchased his hi rise hood since he was no longer producing his carbon hoods. About a week before the car was supposed to go in the first time Steve called and told me to hold off another week and he would get me an 08 hood in carbon. A week later I had the new hood and shipped my fiberglass his rise 08 hood to another forum member.

I did pick up a Henessey rear spoiler and we are working on getting it fitted, and we should have it on in a couple weeks, or whenever I have time to get over there, so for now we just finished the deck-lid with the drivers stripe. As you can see in the bottom pic of the rear I chose to stop the black center band right at the top rear most portion of the decklid. Me and Ryan Absolute Hank were talking the other day and Ryan made a good point that the completely black trunk lid kind of has that look like its just slapped on so I did it a little different.

So thanks so much to Steve for an awesome looking hood! I left the center cowl section in carbon, and painted the rest black. It doesn't show up well in this pick, but it looks absolutely incredible in person, and in the sun!

Well here she is! Definitely more aggressive than the red 03 I started with!

Andy Wheeler

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

ttechris

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very nice! I've been thinking of doing something similar with my yellow car(No red stripe)

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good, Andy. I actually like how you chose to not do the whole trunk black. Need some top down pics! Would like to some day see this thing in person.

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very nice! I've been thinking of doing something similar with my yellow car(No red stripe)

Come on break the mold and do a red stripe over Yellow LOL.:D Thanks man glad you like it.:2tu:

Looks good, Andy. I actually like how you chose to not do the whole trunk black. Need some top down pics! Would like to some day see this thing in person.

Your close Austin, let me know when your on my side of town or heading to Tomball and I will try and get to you.:2tu:

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An Aggie with an AssToMouth plate. Go figure.:lmao:

On a side note, the car looks great.:D

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on break the mold and do a red stripe over Yellow LOL.:D Thanks man glad you like it.:2tu:

Your close Austin, let me know when your on my side of town or heading to Tomball and I will try and get to you.:2tu:

Thinking about taking a trip out there soon. I gotta see the new silver/GTS Blue stripe ACR in person!

An Aggie with an AssToMouth plate. Go figure.:lmao:

On a side note, the car looks great.:D

Dude, Brady, I damn near choked on my tongue I laughed so hard.:rolaugh:

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to see the paint transition on the trunk. I know you are putting the Hennescrew duck bill on it so it will look different. I have always seen the entire trunk lid painted black, but this looks good too.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great Andy. After you get that low hennessey spoiler on, it's going to complete the dramatic look in the rear too. In the meantime, you've got a unique, badass Vert!

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Really happy with how it turned out.

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow Andy. That is a very sweet looking ride. WOW!!!!. That ACR paint scheme woke it up. I recently added the Vipair hood to mine and contemplated going a similar route. I may be taking another trip to the paint shop thanks to you.

Ohh, and a big Whooooop! from this Ag ;)

Tiago

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks awesome, you're doing hte same paint scheme I planned to do, I even have the hennessey low rise spoiler too :D
Who did the paint work? I have been debating who to trust for the work.

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Local shop in the Tomball area. Mostly does collision work but they have one high end guy that I really like. Shoot me a pm and I'll get you the info.

Whoop 345's!

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your viper looks great and the photo's are well done!

Need to get a better license plate . Mike (Uof H alum.)

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your viper looks great and the photo's are well done!

Need to get a better license plate . Mike (Uof H alum.)

It will make you feel better than that I won the equivalent of 3 national championships in chamber music for U of H and the Moores School of Music from 96-99:2tu: Also just makes me look like a huge PU$$Y LMAO.:rolaugh::rolaugh:

Mike your hot rod is incredible man, I would love to have that engine bay and power.:2tu:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks really good. Adding the dive planes or leaving them off? Either way gorgeous. :2tu:

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andy, thanks for the compliments, you just need more credit cards and a wife who doesn't look at the statement!

I really like the henessey rear spoiler, post of some pic's when you get that done, and since you're great with the camera, snap up and post a 1/2 dozen from various angles.

congrat's on the music! I just bust Aggies, my buddy in Dallas has his 2 boys there. Lot's more spirit in College Station than cougar high, I'm probably just jealous.

Visited my folks over the weekend, great weather in HOU, especially for your vert!

Best wishes again, post more pictures when you get then next pieces done!! Mike

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That looks really good. Adding the dive planes or leaving them off? Either way gorgeous. :2tu:

I think I will leave them off unless I were to add the actual acr front splitter. I don't think they would look right with the Eurotek splitter.

more pics please!!!!

I snapped a few but wasn't happy with most but I could edit a few more.

Andy, thanks for the compliments, you just need more credit cards and a wife who doesn't look at the statement!

I really like the henessey rear spoiler, post of some pic's when you get that done, and since you're great with the camera, snap up and post a 1/2 dozen from various angles.

congrat's on the music! I just bust Aggies, my buddy in Dallas has his 2 boys there. Lot's more spirit in College Station than cougar high, I'm probably just jealous.

Visited my folks over the weekend, great weather in HOU, especially for your vert!

Best wishes again, post more pictures when you get then next pieces done!! Mike

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mike,

I loved u of h as well great to hear you still get home from time to time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang