PICS: NJ red/black RT/10 wreck yesterday

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got these off the Alley, I didn't see any news reports or anything about it yesterday other than getting a phone call about it. The stupid wing must have upset the aerodynamics...

You must be registered for see images

--RS

PERMABEAR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually the uneven weight front to rear of the added stripes upset the weight distribution balance and caused severe understeer leading to the crash.

Turbo50Mike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are the rest of the pics...

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last Saturday night we were on our way down the Parkway from up in Fairlawn (not anywhere near Route 1 & Route 21 in Belleville (where this supposedly occured)) and we picked up a Porsche 911 and a Viper in exactly the same red/black stripe configuration. We drove together for a short time until another buddy of theirs in a Pontiac GTO came flying up the right-most lane. The 911 and the Viper immediately down-shifted and took off to challenge the GTO and I decided not to be part of the action. The Porsche crossed 4 lanes to block the GTO in one of the craziest moves I've ever seen on the street...thankfully the Viper chose a safe route to join the fray. I hope that the driver of the pictured Viper wasn't the same guy/girl that I drove with last week and that they are okay.

Regards,
Aaron

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's one heck of a Viper wreck and one nasty gash on that guy's back...At least he walked away from it. That was a sobering set of pictures.

MarkRx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The story on the alley says the viper was trying to catch up to the Z in traffic and hit a bump or dip in the road at high speed and caused the rear to lose control.

Terrible wreak. Good thing the guy walked away from that.

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's seems that the guy in the red shirt was involved since he has a wound on his back. It's looks like a bad snakebite. At least he'll live.

wigginz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, that's going to make me think twice before hitting the gas on my way home tonight. Nasty wreck, good to see everyone seems OK. Vipers definitely have a way of making just about any wreck look horrible.

Looks like he painted the speaker covers red... interesting.

Snakewatching

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The cut on the guy looks like some of the rear window housing/roof bar got pushed up behind the drivers seat into his back.