Pics of my 00" ACR being put back together

heftygts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am starting to put my car back together, here are some pics of the progress, I sanded the frame down to metal and removed all the ugly welding splatter etc. and painted it with Epoxy. Installed Line lock and proportioning valve with stainless lines. Cleaned and painted suspension parts.

You must be registered for see images attach

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet, another gearhead comes aboard! Nice job, what color is your ACR and what else you doing? Was the car in a wreck or are you just having fun.

OP
OP
H

heftygts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A bit of both the car was in a small collision left front as well I want to improve on cosmetics, I am doing all work myself and I guess I am a bit of a gear head...:crazy2:

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
way to go. there is not many blk/silver ACRs left, I know of several that have been totaled, including one that I used to own.

D

DAMN YANKEE

We talked about this....looks like we are going to have to go back to two sessions a week and increase you dosages again..

Nah! Looks superb!

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heftygts nice work, sure is a big project!:omg:

I brought this picture up because while your doing it right, you should add some more welds to that Recall bracket/crossmember. Anywhere that bracket/crossmember touches your frame it should be welded. The whole idea of the Recall is to reinforce the steeing rack brackets [box it in] from cracking under hard lateral forces [road course:drive: ].
I have done to date 231 of those Recalls and had to correct 26 from 26 different Dealers that did the Recall wrong:slap: ! If you'd like, give me a call and we can talk about that Recall.:cool:

914-763-3136

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol, saw that too. but i was gonna tell him to call you..ya beat me to it.

and wow, great job, keep the pics coming in

OP
OP
H

heftygts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Heftygts nice work, sure is a big project!:omg:

I brought this picture up because while your doing it right, you should add some more welds to that Recall bracket/crossmember. Anywhere that bracket/crossmember touches your frame it should be welded. The whole idea of the Recall is to reinforce the steeing rack brackets [box it in] from cracking under hard lateral forces [road course:drive: ].
I have done to date 231 of those Recalls and had to correct 26 from 26 different Dealers that did the Recall wrong:slap: ! If you'd like, give me a call and we can talk about that Recall.:cool:

914-763-3136
Hi Wizard when I had it stripped down I actually removed the reinforcement plate that was so scabilly welded it was rediculous, I drilled out all the holed to an oversize and plug welded them and dressed them down for appearance as well put some nice beads across the top and if you look at the pic I welded the under side at the rail as well, this baby will not crack....before maybe. I put most of the welding on the top side due to the area where the most force would be generatet and did not want to over do it...do you have a write up of the recall...Thanks

OP
OP
H

heftygts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Was the car salvaged?
No the car was not from salvage I bought it off the previous owner like this after he had a ultercation with a cement wall but no way this is a rebuild. I have made sure this baby is 100% straight, I have a little patch up to do to my hood at the corner above the headlight and bought 1/2 of a wrecked hood for $100 and a front bumper that has a little bit of work needed at the bottom lip for $400cdn. I still need a headlight, man are parts expensive from Dodge $#@^%$#@**&^%

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the correct weld placement for the reinforcement bracket as per Dodge. (note this is only one page of many to properly execute the recall)

recall.jpg

OP
OP
H

heftygts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I should tell a little more about myself, Here in Canada I now manage my family's buisness West Coast Alignment & Frame and specialize in Alignment and frame straightening, I bought a 02'Zo6 from salvege fixed it anfd is my daily driver at half the cost. I have straightend lot's of exotics. Here are some pics of a 99'GTS I straightened a while back.:can1:

http://a446.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/34/l_1df451ff4ec81a9e14617e2d240a472d.jpg

Last edited:

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey you have the same machine I do, I have an old guy chart 360 also, was the best machine made for a long time, only drawback is that its too far off the ground! But it will pull a truck in half!!

OP
OP
H

heftygts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hey you have the same machine I do, I have an old guy chart 360 also, was the best machine made for a long time, only drawback is that its too far off the ground! But it will pull a truck in half!!
Our 360's are both at ground level, drive right on, or shall I say push pull or drag right on, yes they are pretty indestructable and versatile, I have made quite a few different atachments for different cars as well

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
AWESOME WORK!!! Looks like you are a perfectionist like myself. :2tu: + you are from the Great White North just like me, Eh? :smirk: :D

I also hate the weld spatter and had to get rid of it. I am modifying my GTS and you can see how far I'm going with it http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-g...-96-viper-gts-venom-550-making-more-mods.html

Some of our pictures look identical...same pose and everything! ;)

Congrats on your Viper and welcome to the VCA :)