Pics Of My New Splitter

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
REAL RACE PROVEN TECHNOLOGY, carbon fiber, honeycomb construction, optional HUGE under facia brake ducts ( not seen in pics)

DSC056661.JPG

DSC05665.JPG

DSC05664.JPG

DSC056631.JPG

DSC05662.JPG

DSC05661.JPG

DSC05660.JPG

DSC05659.JPG

DSC05658.JPG

DSC056571.JPG

DSC05651.JPG

DSC05650.JPG

DSC05649.JPG

DSC05648.JPG

DSC05647.JPG

DSC05643.JPG

DSC05639.JPG

DSC05688.JPG

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks really good and well made I'm sure... :2tu:

One question, does it fit with just the OEM fascia or do you need the CC "Aero" fascia parts?

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve that looks really nice. How easy is it to install and take off if need be?

Brenden,

The splitter comes off and on with the unbolting of 2 large bolts that bolt it to the frame underneath and the unhooking of the splitter supports ( 2 large bolts, 2 small bolts and off it comes.).

I will be taking pics today of the car with just the facia extensions ( which I have in both flex fiberglass and in Carbon Fiber) to show the look without the splitter attached.

I will be lowering the car in the next few days with my new adjustable suspension kit that wil blow the doors off the eibach/caps market:2tu:

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks really good and well made I'm sure... :2tu:

One question, does it fit with just the OEM fascia or do you need the CC "Aero" fascia parts?

Good question:

It attached independent of the facia extensions, the splitter actually floats below those so if you take an impact, you don't wreck the whole front end.

I will take photos later today of the car without the splitter attached.

and later this week lowered with my new adjustable suspension kit that me and another Viperholic will be making sure that the viper community has access to.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good job. Let's see the brake ducts.

Chuck,

Before I post pics of the brake ducts you have to PROMISE to sit down and hold on tight, lock the wheels on the bottom of your chair, THEY ARE MASSIVE and will funnel so much air at your brakes ( caliper covers available as well) that your brakes will frost up in between corners......:omg:

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK Chuck,

These babies bolt onto the top of the splitter and require for the car owner to cut a hole in teh very bottom of their facia just above the splitter but below the "bumperline", they come in primed fiberglass or carbon fiber and I have included some pics of my original prototypes with a measuring tape beside them to show how big these puppies are.

DSC02421.JPG

DSC01522.JPG

DSC01521.JPG

DSC01520.JPG

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're right, they do look like they would move some air :2tu::2tu:

The air from those ducts could be routed...anywhere?
Like for cooling or for ....

Pm sent...:D

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're right, they do look like they would move some air :2tu::2tu:

The air from those ducts could be routed...anywhere?
Like for cooling or for ....

Pm sent...:D

Nice thing is these can replace the stock smaller brake ducts and those can be rerouted to cooling or to the airbox for a little extra pressure on the go..:drive:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK Chuck,

These babies bolt onto the top of the splitter and require for the car owner to cut a hole in teh very bottom of their facia just above the splitter but below the "bumperline", they come in primed fiberglass or carbon fiber and I have included some pics of my original prototypes with a measuring tape beside them to show how big these puppies are.

Good Lord! Those definitely look like they will move some air. Good job!!! Would love to see the complete install when you have time.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the splitter...what happened to the wing...didya put it on the OTHER D.D.?? :) ~juli

Hey Juli,

The wing hasn't been bolted in place yet, I have 7 different wings in my garage that I am experimenting with to see which I like better, looks and functionality wise. I like the wing in the photo because of its looks (reminds me of the GT2 wing size wise) and it is a fully functional comp coupe wing, but I think I will go with the larger newer Comp Coupe wing to offset the huge splitter up front.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but did i see two different wheels on you're GTS? :dunno::confused:

Good catch!

I has some forgeline VR1 race wheels on the car up until last week when I sold those wheels. I already had some tires on my 18" Forgeline VR1 rears but my fronts are still in the box, I just bought some tires for them last night so in the meantime instead of having the car on jacks (too dangerous with a 4 yr old and a 6 yr old driving thei rpowerwheels and go carts around the driveway, (you can see a dent in one of my GTS side sills from one mishap)) so I threw the originals back on with some HUGE spacers so they would clear the brakes

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you need to use the fascia extensions to use your splitter of will it work on a stock fascia? Is the splitter size basically the same as the comp coupe's? Have you tried to route the support cables through the fascia like the ACR? Estimate difference in price from the comp coupe's to yours? Thanks! Mike

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you need to use the fascia extensions to use your splitter of will it work on a stock fascia? Is the splitter size basically the same as the comp coupe's? Have you tried to route the support cables through the fascia like the ACR? Estimate difference in price from the comp coupe's to yours? Thanks! Mike

Hi Mike,

The facia extensions are not needed, I have them attached with studs and rivnuts so they pop right off, and they are not attached to the splitter , they float above it.

The splitter will work with the stock facia, for cosmetic reasons, the splitter will be reduced in width for use without the extensions to approx 72" wide instead of the now 74.5 - 75.

Pretty close to the size of the comp coupes but different in the under belly area.

1/2 the price of a comp coupe splitter

I have routed teh splitter supports through the insides like theh ACR and prefix did the same, I just prefer the up front look for my car. I think the adjustments are easier up front and more precise as well, on the flip side you can attach to those nice thick steel pieces behind the facia for the inside approach.

NorthernSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks fantastic! On a Viper the full aero look although quite a lot for the street seems so fitting.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

thanks for the response. I bought a spare fascia and want to set it up for the track. I like the concealed look on the supports, glad to hear your's does that. Get back to you soon. Mike

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question for you Steve. I'm sanding the inside of the airbox I got from you and was wondering what type of coating I should give it when I finish. I believe the fiberglass may absorb any oils, fuels, etc.?

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question for you Steve. I'm sanding the inside of the airbox I got from you and was wondering what type of coating I should give it when I finish. I believe the fiberglass may absorb any oils, fuels, etc.?

Chuck,

Can I infer that that means that you are going to take old 34 off the blocks and get it back on a track? If so GREAT NEWS!

I would spray the inside with the same as you do the outside, or if that is not in your plans a good shot of clear coat on top of a nice black primer would probably be best:2tu:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Juli,
The wing hasn't been bolted in place yet, I have 7 different wings in my garage that I am experimenting with to see which I like better, looks and functionality wise. I like the wing in the photo because of its looks (reminds me of the GT2 wing size wise) and it is a fully functional comp coupe wing, but I think I will go with the larger newer Comp Coupe wing to offset the huge splitter up front.

Sorry...I just saw this today. SEVEN wings??? :omg: WOW...I do hear ya on the Comp Coupe wing to go with the splitter. Not usually a fan of wings, but the one in your photo really looked great. :2tu:

GOOD NEWS that Chuck98 is keeping #34!!!! :drive: Hope all works out for ya, Chuck. :cool: ~juli

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry...I just saw this today. SEVEN wings??? :omg: WOW...I do hear ya on the Comp Coupe wing to go with the splitter. Not usually a fan of wings, but the one in your photo really looked great. :2tu:

GOOD NEWS that Chuck98 is keeping #34!!!! :drive: Hope all works out for ya, Chuck. :cool: ~juli

Juli,

Here are some latest pics with the bigger wing
DSC057051.JPG

DSC05703.JPG

DSC05702.JPG

DSC05701.JPG

DSC05700.JPG

DSC05699.JPG