Pics of my winter mods... opinions?

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I just got my grille's back from the powdercoater and decided to spend the day tinkerking with the car. I installed the clear corner lights with chrome-looking amber bulbs. As someone earlier suggested, I painted the bulb housing so the white plastic doesn't show. Opinions on the powdercoated silver grille on the silver car? Would the standard black have looked better? Thanks for any suggestions :2tu:
7551DSC_0067-med.JPG

7551DSC_0071-med.JPG

7551DSC_0076-med.JPG

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Everything looks great! As for black or silver grills, I think they both look equally good. A positive for the silver grills is that it's different. Either way, your car is sweet!

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have left the grills black, but that is me. Where did you get the marker lights? I see them on Ebay but don't want to buy them in case they don't fit.

OP
OP
T

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
They fit perfect. They drop right in. Make sure you buy the $40 clears and not the cheaper ones. The inexpensive ones are generic and will NOT fit our marker holes. I have put in 2 sets of the clear corners (both of which I bought for $40 off of ebay).

I actually bought a spare set of grilles in case I didn't like the silver. I have to say I am really satisfied with the silver. Maybe I'll powdercoat my originals black so I'll have a standby set. Thanks for all the feedback!

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, on a stripes car the silver looks sweet. Without stripes you probably need the contrast afforded by the black. Ya done good!

D.K.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dude, I like the silver grille's! :2tu:

I like what you did to the clear corners too. Your car looks great!!!

:usa:

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From the pic, I don't like the silver grills at all. It is hard to tell though from 1 pic, I may see it in person and like it. If you're happy, keep'em. The clear lights look good.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't like the idea till I saw the photos. Looks great, like it was the way it should be. Blends great with the hood and the lights too. But then I love silver cars.

I would say though, buy my 18'' oem wheels. they are like new and would up date the car that much more. IMO

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The grills look good dude! I want to do that myself. Although I was just going to paint. Why the clearcoat? I'd imagine is was more expensive, but will last a lot longer. Excellent!

97blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The grills do look good. I wonder how painted grills would look on other colors. I do think you would need stripes for it to look good.
I also have the ebay clears its been about a year now and they are fine.
Car looks good!

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was never a fan of silver/blue snakes but that just changed my whole opinion. Are your stripes a flat blue? They don't look metallic.