PICs of Stoptech SS brake line install

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Decided over the weekend to swap out the OEM brake lines for stoptech SS brake lines delivered super quick by JonB...pretty straightforward once I had them all out and was not messy as I expected... while at it I installed Eurotechs (will keep the stoptechs)....

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images
Fronts
Rears
OEMs which were replaced

Eurotechs

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
- Why the change to eurotechs? better performance wise.? SS lines are probably a good idea.

Kevin, I already had the Eurotechs from my Mamba (300 miles on them)...they go real well with black sidewinders and silver car. I will keep the Stoptechs as part of the car...the Eurotechs weigh the same so there is no performance enhancement....but really look better on my car.

Kadeuces: I had previously changed to Castrol SRF......but it takes two quarts to completly bleed out the system. I was surprised that there is little or no standing pressure in the lines when you disconnect the fittings. I have a motive pressure bleeder; once I changed all the lines I bled the system out (two bleeders to each caliper).....

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
- Why the change to eurotechs? better performance wise.? SS lines are probably a good idea.

Kevin, I already had the Eurotechs from my Mamba (300 miles on them)...they go real well with black sidewinders and silver car. I will keep the Stoptechs as part of the car...the Eurotechs weigh the same so there is no performance enhancement....but really look better on my car.

Kadeuces: I had previously changed to Castrol SRF......but it takes two quarts to completly bleed out the system. I was surprised that there is little or no standing pressure in the lines when you disconnect the fittings. I have a motive pressure bleeder;
HTML:
once I changed all the lines I bled the system out (two bleeders to each caliper).....[/QUOTE]

I thought we only needed to bleed them thru the outside bleeder since they are both connected with the line (bottom) on the caliper itself. One brake line into caliper & hydrolic pressure pushing out all four pistons. :dunno:

OP
OP
A

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/html]

I thought we only needed to bleed them thru the outside bleeder since they are both connected with the line (bottom) on the caliper itself. One brake line into caliper & hydrolic pressure pushing out all four pistons. :dunno:

When removing the banjo fitting which attach to the inner part of the caliper during the brake line replacing process, I was advised bleeding the inner will ensure evacuation of all air pockets inter-locked both between both sides of the chambers with minimun expediture of expensive fluid...that having a solid flow of fluid on the outer bleeder is no assurance that trapped air has been compressed out (unless you randomly bleed out considerable amount of fluid)...at 75 dollars a quart of Castrol SRF I did not want to waste any more than I had too....

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When removing the banjo fitting which attach to the inner part of the caliper during the brake line replacing process, I was advised bleeding the inner will ensure evacuation of all air pockets inter-locked both between both sides of the chambers with minimun expediture of expensive fluid...that having a solid flow of fluid on the outer bleeder is no assurance that trapped air has been compressed out (unless you randomly bleed out considerable amount of fluid)...at 75 dollars a quart of Castrol SRF I did not want to waste any more than I had too....

I see. :2tu:

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I can see in the small pictures it looks like you keep your suspension, calipers and wheel wells very clean.
:2tu:
I'm glad I'm not the only one.

OP
OP
A

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I can see in the small pictures it looks like you keep your suspension, calipers and wheel wells very clean.
:2tu:
I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Here you go now you can see the detail...I keep all my cars in similar condition..

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here you go now you can see the detail...I keep all my cars in similar condition..

Very Nice! :2tu: I'm always pulling my wells off. I really enjoy detailing my cars. Here's a few pics:

1st time I pulled the wheels off after purchasing my 02 ACR:

Here's a pic from last week:

I hope to upgrade the calipers, rotors and brake lines soon. My business has **** lately so I've been holding off.

A few more of my cars:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang