Picture: Yellow SRT Spotted at Fast the Furious Filming

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The filming for Fast and the Furious 2 is taking place right around where I work. They crew has rented out our parking lot for truck, trailer and car storage.....

anyway, here is a picture taken of a yellow SRT....

You must be registered for see images

Brooks

S

SUN RA KAT

<FONT size="4">Another</FONT s><FONT size="6">YELLOW</FONT s><FONT size="4">thread.</FONT s>

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this a joke or are they actually going to have less "Rice" in this movie. What will all the young thugs do with all their neon washer nozzles, chinese letter stickers, fake drilled rotors, and fart can exhaust pipes now?

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So here I am looking forward to a yellow 2004 Viper, and they are going to put MY car in the uber-rice movie?

Well that's a ******!

kh24

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is with them using 98-99 convertable vettes in movies. Its an outrage, when will the Z06 get its 15min. That new viper looks pretty snazy in yellow. Oh and pullin 120 in the 1/4 is impressive.

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kh24:
What is with them using 98-99 convertable vettes in movies. Its an outrage, when will the Z06 get its 15min. That new viper looks pretty snazy in yellow. Oh and pullin 120 in the 1/4 is impressive.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, I can pull 120 in the 1/4 with my lowly GEN II Viper.
laugh.gif

kh24

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Motor City Mad Man:
Hey, I can pull 120 in the 1/4 with my lowly GEN II Viper.
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I should have said car and driver's crappy driver pulling 120mph in the 1/4 with that car is impressive. I've seen stock vipers on crappy days pull 118 or 119 no problem. I've seen stock Z06s get 117 or 118 also. When a magazine gets a good time its a different story though and that is the impressive part. I am sure we will see these cars run in the 122-124 range.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although I'd never own a yellow car, the yellow SRT-10 looks great in that picture.
supergrin.gif

I agree that they should have had an '02 Electric blue Z06, but maybe they ran out of money with all of the paintwork, wings, wheels and thumping audio systems on the import racers.

I wonder if it's true that the SRT-10 is supposed to be the "bad guy's" car?

-Dean.

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Snakester:
Although I'd never own a yellow car, the yellow SRT-10 looks great in that picture.
supergrin.gif

I agree that they should have had an '02 Electric blue Z06, but maybe they ran out of money with all of the paintwork, wings, wheels and thumping audio systems on the import racers.

I wonder if it's true that the SRT-10 is supposed to be the "bad guy's" car?

-Dean.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I got ahold of the script for Fast and Furious 2. Here is how the scene with the Viper SRT-10 goes. The star Ricemobile of the movie pulls up next to an old balding guy with his girlfriend in the guys new Viper SRT-10. One of the guys in the ricemobile asked the guy in the SRT-10, "what's the retail on one of those?" The guy in the SRT-10 says, more than you can afford A Hole!!! Then the other guy in the ricemobile says smoke this A Hole!!! And the ricer pulls 50 car lengths on the Viper before the Viper can even get 50 feet from the stoplight. The ricers wait for the guy in the Viper at the next stoplight and when he pulls up the ricers say, that's a fast Camaro you got there, but it wasn't fast enough.

Dunn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Motor City Mad Man:
Is this a joke or are they actually going to have less "Rice" in this movie. What will all the young thugs do with all their neon washer nozzles, chinese letter stickers, fake drilled rotors, and fart can exhaust pipes now?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you joking? They wont let the American Muscle win, the wicked civic will take them all down LOL.

DBK1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You got me, that's a good one. Now if I could only find a track to run on around here that isn't so crappy. I'll have to do what GENXGTS did and run on some good Canadian track and lower 4 tenths off my ET. Then you won't be able to pick on me.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you gonna come to the shootout on the 26th at Grand Bend? I know GenX is. I know it's late notice, but if you wanna trek with me I'm meeting Matt with the ARE 436ci at his house to go racin saturday at St. Thomas. It's about 100 miles over the border. Let me know if you wanna come along...

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DBKZ06:
Are you gonna come to the shootout on the 26th at Grand Bend? I know GenX is. I know it's late notice, but if you wanna trek with me I'm meeting Matt with the ARE 436ci at his house to go racin saturday at St. Thomas. It's about 100 miles over the border. Let me know if you wanna come along...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DBKZ06, I am seriously thinking about going to that October 26th outing of Imports vs. Domestics. But, do you think with the cold temps in the end of October that we will get some poor 60' times regardless of how good a track it is?

And SS00Blue, I live right outside of Walled Lake. Ever see me pimping around in my Viper? I bet that Camaro would give me a run for my money.

Scott J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imports vs. Domestics shootout huh? Is Dodge still considered a Domestic, or are we now limited to Ford, Chevy, Pontiac, etc.?

The Viper still has mostly domestic parts so I hope we stay in the Domestic ranks. I could never root for the Imports with a clear conscience. Just the same, I'd never have any sense of pride building-up a Toyota (regardless of where the mostly Japanese parts are stamped together [assembly]).

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scott J:
Imports vs. Domestics shootout huh? Is Dodge still considered a Domestic, or are we now limited to Ford, Chevy, Pontiac, etc.?

The Viper still has mostly domestic parts so I hope we stay in the Domestic ranks. I could never root for the Imports with a clear conscience. Just the same, I'd never have any sense of pride building-up a Toyota (regardless of where the mostly Japanese parts are stamped together [assembly]).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I still consider my Viper a domestic. I know there seems to be some grey area with a lot of Japanese cars built in the US. I still consider them imports though. And even though Daimler merged with Chrysler I still consider the Viper domestic, plus my Viper was built before the merger.
supergrin.gif

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SRTRICK:
Interesting slam from moto city madman, but then I notice that his modified GTS hasn't turned as fast a time in the quarter as Car & Driver was able to get with a bone stock "camaro". Hmmmm?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You got me, that's a good one. Now if I could only find a track to run on around here that isn't so crappy. I'll have to do what GENXGTS did and run on some good Canadian track and lower 4 tenths off my ET. Then you won't be able to pick on me.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uh,guys try puting the pic on the board the right way.I got a box with a red X just to let you know.

OP
OP
F

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
uh... thanks for the hint, I know how to post pictures.... the person who is hosting the pictures changed the location....

I updated the link

Brooks

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
You're not serious, right? Since when does a bone stock Camaro run a 12.20 at 120???
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's easy..its the "Camaro" in MMMs' copy of the Fast and Furious script. C&D posted a 12.1 bone stock for the SRT and that's with the geriatric C&D drivers.
You must be registered for see images

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am normally the last person to insinuate this, but doesnt that yellow look more like "photoshopped yellow" than yellow yellow?

- eddie -

Coulthard Fan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FikseGTS:
The filming for Fast and the Furious 2 is taking place right around where I work. They crew has rented out our parking lot for truck, trailer and car storage.....

Brooks
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brooks - so they are filming at the Vizcaya mansion then? They might as well convert that place to a movie studio. I used to live right behind the wall of that parking lot, back when you were terrorizing the local streets in a RX7 that is still to this day the benchmark of performance for stock twin turbos.

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At VOI, a Chrysler executive (who remain unnamed) told me about the yellow SRT to be in the movie but said there were NO plans for this color in production in 2004.

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cool! thanks jp.. i didnt think it was impossible, just unlikely.. looks like i'm wrong again, aint nothin new..
smile.gif

- eddie -

OP
OP
F

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
haha, yea, the good ole days of the RX7....... I see more Vipers than I do 3rd gen RX-7's these days....

they are filming at Stalone's old mansion..... right be viscaya....

as for photoshop..... heh, I was standing about 1 foot from the car the other day..... it's for real.....

Brooks

149pa030883-sm.jpg

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,
Why do you even give the rice burners a second thought? To discuss them is to legitimize them. Are there any among us that would be caught dead in a Japanese car? If the keys to a Viper were offered to a tattooed Honda driver, would he not roll his car into the river for the snake? Enough said.
Russ

Scott J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ:

I, for one, refuse to drive Japanese [car with Japanese nameplate and a majority of *** content to keep it short and simple]. Thought I'd respond to your query.

Too many points to list regarding the old Domestic vs. Import debate. My Honda was assembled in Ohio ... yadda yadda

Your Chevy truck has *** parts ... yadda yadda

Dodge is German owned, etc.

Bottom-line: Way too many *** cars in America and I'm not contributing to the proliferation of Japanese owned and controlled industry.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21